You feel at home right from the start. Check in is personal and soon all staff knows you. Rooms are all new - white, clean with some wood - like you are still on the beach. We had a room on the 8th floor - (changed to one with a terrasse = half of the experience) - the view to the pools + ocean was superb. Pool area - all with wood is very stylish and the restaurants really good. We had a la carte breakfast and also had dinner at the Japanese restaurant - both superb, but not cheap (Note: the Japanese food is spicy) The hotel is close to the Ala Moana shopping Center (walk) and on the far North of Waikiki Beach. This is a big plus - you have the beach- not crowded and coming back you feel like coming home. When seeing the Hilton Hawaiian Village with 4-5 Towers down the beach - you almost feel sorry for the people living there.
The Modern is super place. Do get a room with a balcony on the un-even numbers side (to the South)..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii