The Modern Honolulu
Average 3/5
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
4,300 results
All reviewsthe studymorimoto restaurantsunrise pooliron chefday bedpool areawaikiki beachala moana shoppingour honeymoonadult poolamazing hotelmain poolmin walkpool staffturn down servicepartial ocean viewthe main strip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Modern Honolulu gets it. In an age when so many hotels are just room factories, the warm staff, thoughtfully-appointed rooms, and comfortable surroundings of the Modern are a most welcome surprise. Front Desk graciously offered us a nicer room despite booking at a discount. Concierge was upbeat and excited to offer local dining options. Pool staff kept the drinks coming and had a sense of humor. Why stay at the monster properties down the beach when you can be pampered at the Modern?! I haven't even checked out yet, but I am already looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Our family went on a vacation April 21-27 which included my husband, myself and three boys ages 14, 11 and 3. The accommodations were excellent and the suite for our family was perfect. The ambiance, staff, location, view and setting were top notch! The break in front of the hotel was ideal for surfing for my 14 year old. We enjoyed the pool as a family as well as the evening entertainment. The concierge arranged some fun excursions. I loved that the hotel was accessible to all the restaurants, shops & Waikiki but far away that you were not caught up in all of the chaos and noise of the downtown area. Staff & Valet gave us some great tips for local eateries, surf and snorkel spots. We went to the North Shore for a few days but cut our time as we enjoyed our time at the Modern a lot more.....We cannot go back soon enough!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The rooms are classy, elegant, clean and beautiful. The beds were comfortable, clean and crisp. The pool was magnificent as well as the little bar and surrounding pool area. Very beautiful decor, architecture and design. Food was wonderful! The staff were lovely, helpful and easy going. The features such as gym, pool, Addiction and room service were great. I also liked that the security on the rooms and elevators was tight, you always needed your security card which is great for me, unless I forgot it of course. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Get one with a view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the time my wife Sandy and I arrived on Saturday morning, the staff at The Modern could not do enough for us to ensure we had a fabulous stay. The hotel, as the name suggests, was excellent for comfort and we felt perfectly placed between Waikiki Beach and the excellent Ala Moana Shopping Centre. Should we go back to Hawaii, there is no doubt we would seek to stay at The Modern. Clean and family friendly, the service was outstanding and the hotel had everthing we needed. We had a suite with a view out over the boar harbour - simply sensational. We will be telling our friends to look no further than The Modern. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Seek a room with a view out over the harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My bf and I stayed here for a weekend and had so much fun. The rooms are clean and modern looking (makes sense), the pools are nice, the food is pricey (standard hotel prices) but delicious, and the staff is super friendly. Chad, the pool/restaurant manager was very nice and helpful. He invited us to a Grey Goose pool party that they were hosting at one of their pools on the Sunday that we were there. You get in free if your a guest; sweet! You're also automatically put on the guest list at Addiction, the night club in the hotel, for free cover. The club is really fun and trendy. Good Dj. There is also a lounge in the lobby (The Study) that looked really nice and seemed very popular. Didn't get a chance to drop in but we'll definitely be back to this hotel soon!
Side note: I think the hotel has pet friendly rooms. We didn't bring our pup this time, but that's good news for pet owners! A nice pet-friendly hotel is hard to find.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple