We have just returned from a fabulous family holiday at the Modern! We had four rooms, and 2 infants in our group, and we could not fault the hotel! The staff were all so obliging, and helpful, and could not do enough to make our stay memorable!
The breakfast and pool staff were able to meet all our needs with regards to menu changes, and special food for our two young children. Nothing was too much trouble, and all our questions were dealt with quickly and pleasantly! The rooms were spacious and modern, and the housekeeping staff were very prompt. We just loved everything, and felt the position near the marina was terrific. Not in the middle of the busy shopping strip, but, a quick walk to Ala Moana shopping mall, which is very handy! The walk into town was about 20 minutes, which was a great stroll most evenings. We even left the hotel to try somewhere else, but, we weren't happy, so came back to the Modern two days later, and it felt like coming home.
We had partial ocean view rooms, which were fine, and the big balcony was worth having.
Highly recommend this amazing hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii