We had originally booked to stay at The Modern for three nights, but as we were after a little more excitement than the relaxed resort we were previously staying in on one of the quieter islands, we brought our stay forward and were extremely happy with the decision.
The hotel is unlike others in the area in the sense that it has a clean, cool and minimal vibe. It has more of a European feel, something akin the hotels in Ibiza. The rooms were well appointed and very comfortable with gorgeous beds and linin.
My favourite area by far would have to be the pool area. We spent many days lazing on loungers reading a book and sipping cocktails. The food available is constant with the feel of the hotel – fresh and clean. It was great to have some healthier options on the menu after being inundated with the heavier cuisine you might associate with The States (read burgers and chips).
The staff were always gracious and willing to help us with any requests we had, and as with the hotel it was the little extras that made the experience excellent. Making up your pool loungers for you and having complimentary magazines like Vanity Fair in each room pushed my stay from good to great.
The Modern is less of a family hotel than many others we encountered in the area, which was exactly what we needed.
This is a hotel I could quite happily set up residence in for a month without feeling like I was in a hotel. This is the perfect place to be amongst the action of Honolulu while still having the relaxed environment we sought on holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii