This was a very last minute trip for my husband and I. From the minute we stepped out of the car until the last minute we left we were treated above and beyond from all of the staff. Our room was upgraded (which was a beautiful corner suite with ocean, marina and lagoon view with 2 balconies). The rooms were clean with plenty of towels and toiletries each day.
The pool area had such a nice relaxing feel. The staff covered your chairs and set you up nicely. The drinks were delicious. Breakfast was included daily in our package. Very large portions and gluten free friendly. They had the best cappuccinos ever (kona coffee is now my favorite)!
Mark (concierge) was spot on with all of his recommendations (from activities to dining out). He went above and beyond to make u feel comfortable. He was very professional.
Great place for young couples (they have a night club). There was an adult only pool, but it really wasn't that necessary because there were few kids around. Very short walk to the beach/lagoon. We chose this hotel because it was out of the really busy section and right on the marina/ocean. We could still walk to shoppes and restaurants (well maybe not if u are wearing really high heels-like me). We were very sad to leave. So happy we picked this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii