Really nice hotel. Selected this one after reading some favourable reviews on TA, though with reservations that it was a little out of the action. I'm glad I followed the good reviews because this is a brilliant hotel, cool but not pretentious, modern (funnily enough), welcoming and lovely. Its a 10 minute walk to the West end of Waikiki beach and worth having a stroll up there but if you want to have a sunbath/nap then the pool area is absolutely brilliant. Raised up a couple of floors from sea level, from the sun bed you can see the tops of the masts of the boats in the harbour and the sea beyond so it really doesn't matter that you're right on the sea.
It is a good way out form the Waikiki beach central action, but it's none the worse for it. We tried a couple of nice local places (magokoro and pint & Jigger) and they were great, just walked straight in and were sorted out no problem, although this was lowish season. We walked up for drinks in waikiki and it looked full of people queuing outside average chain restaurants waiting for the obligatory buzzer signal.
Would not hesitate to go again, well recommended. Worth mentioning that we didn't need to get a car in Oahu, there is a main bus route literally 50m from the front door from where you can go pretty much anywhere in Oahu. We were only there for three days, but if you're staying longer and really want to explore North just hire a car from any number of local joints for a day or two and get a roberts/speedi shuttle to and from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii