I am so glad my girl friend of over 30 years asked it I wanted to join her on a girls trip and stay at the Modern Honolulu, for my first trip to Oahu. We stayed here for 4 nights in a corner one bedroom suite with a fabulous oceanview from the 15th floor, and was really impressed with everything from the moment we arrived to the moment we sadly had to go home.The hotel was amazing! It's about a 20 minute walk to "downtown" Waikiki shopping area, or 10 miniute walk to the Ala Moana Shopping Mecca mall. The hotel has 2 pools, one of which is for adults only and about ankle deep... surrounded by sand (beach feel) The pool on the 1st level is salt water and is fabulous. The pool service was amazing & they offer you complimentary iced water with lemon wedges, as well as sorbets and frozen grapes to keep you cool as the temps rise!! It's only a 5 minute walk to the nearest beach around the front of the Hilton Village who have free fireworks on Tuesday nights (and Friday at 8pm). The lagoon is a great place to try paddle boarding (loved it). Every staff person we encountered from the concierge to the valets were soooo friendly and helpful and totally went out their way to make us feel welcome and chat with us, gave us suggestions of things to do, assisted us with a rental car through Enterprise (for our day trip to the North Shore) which we HIGHLY recommend!! and continued to give great service even after we checked out and we were hanging out killing time by the pool before our late flight home. It's refreshing that the management and staff of The Modern makes service and exceptional guest experience their priority, and it's really because of this that we felt so pampered and loved our stay there so much. Seriously looking at coming back in January 2014 with hubby and daughter... I know they would LOVE it! Aloha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii