Decided to go to Hawaii for my 40th birthday with five girlfriends. As someone who had never been to Hawaii I was a bit concerned about being down near the marina end of the beach. But I have to say I loved it, it was a great place to go to leave the kids behind and relax. Close to Ala Moana (and the convention centre ) and far enough down the beach that you had space to yourself.
The staff could not be more accommodating, from the front desk to the people who bought you your drinks at the pool. The main pool was fantastic and had a great relaxed vibe. The rooms were also great although I'm not sure about the slat windows into the bathroom sometimes things are best left to the imagination.
Unfortunately I had booked time after leaving the Modern at the Sheraton Waikiki as I had a few workshops there. What a dissapointment. Arguably one of the best spots on the beach, but so run down, unhelpful staff, and cliched music that started up at 6 in the morning. It left me longing for the Modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii