The Modern Honolulu
$236
$202
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $270/night.

$239
$217
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
$266
Hyatt.com
$244
$199
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $252/night.

$329
$468
$450
Priceline
$443
Cancelon
$705
4,367 results
All reviewsthe studymorimoto restaurantsunrise pooliron chefday bedpool areawaikiki beachala moana shoppingour honeymoonadult poolamazing hotelmain poolmin walkpool staffred lobsterturn down servicepartial ocean view
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I travel to Oahu every 4-6 weeks or so for work and have stayed in many properties over the past 3 years. That being said, I discovered the Modern about 2 years ago and have not strayed ever since. The property is gorgeous, the staff wonderful and the location ("off the strip") allows for quite the relaxing environment regardless of if you're there for work or for play. The Study bar has some of the best staff on the island, the valets are beyond helpful and fantastic not to mention all of the other staff throughout the hotel that will make your experience special.

Room Tip: Partial Ocean View is quite delightful...especially if you get to face pool-side for great people watching :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Martin P
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were moving to Oahu and stayed at The Modern Honolulu until our new home was ready to move into. We had a great time at this hotel, and were very well taken care of! We had great service here but I must name a few people in particular. Kathrin at the front desk is amazing and can take care of any military needs. If you hang out at the pool, ask to sit in Olivia's section, she is fabulous. And when you order room service, ask for Vincent. He will bend over backwards to keep you happy! Vincent is fast, fun to talk to and is very knowledgable about the area. You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: The ocean view is worth the cost.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wyatt P
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Only stayed one night, but definitely will be staying there again. The service was absolutely superb and the hotel is is breathtaking. My wife attended a bridal shower at the adult pool and enjoyed every bit of it. Upon check-in you are greeted and taken care of until you leave. The room was spacious and beautiful. Everything is up to date and the hotel definitely lives by its name--modern. The one and only suggestion is to get a room as high as possible. We stayed on the fourth floor and there was a wedding on a Tuesday night...I felt like we were a guest at the wedding as you can hear every single thing. The club tends to be loud as well, so your best bet is a higher floor to avoid the noise. Definitely the best hotel in Waikiki. It is not on the beach but you can walk a few hundred yards to it.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PRFlyer26
TMHmgr, Rory C, Guest Experience Manager at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Aloha PRFlyer26,

I’m very pleased that we were able to make a wonderful impression on your one night stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our sleek and stylish rooms and your service experience from our dedicated team members. At THE MODERN HONOLULU, we take great pride in ensuring that all guests are able to enjoy themselves by the uncommon Hawaiian experience we’re able to provide through embodying the essence of Aloha in our customer service and distinct features of our hotel that are uncommon to our competitors. Mahalo for your excellent review! Please come back and visit us soon!

A hui hou, (until we meet again)

Rory Cosma
Guest Experience Manager
THE MODERN HONOLULU

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have no complaint about my stay from beginning to end.
The staff is amazing, and I meant every single one of them. They are very friendly and helpful. The concierge is certainly knowledgeable about the island and they've done nothing but accommodating my every needs.
If you decide to trust me and stay at this wonderful hotel, check out the bar at night.
It's called The Study and the bartender is fabulous, best cocktail I've ever tasted.
If you doubt my over-positive comment, go ahead and try other pplaces, but you'll regret.
I, myself, stayed my last night at Prince, another hotel nearby, due to some last minute change of plan. And they were nowhere near the Modern

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlanHt1412
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Modern Honolulu Hotel is by far the best hotel in Waikiki. I have traveled all over Asia and accustom to 5-star treatment throughout all Asia. Over the decades the U.S. has lost its "service" attitude and it is rare to find a hotel that treats each person like a VIP. Well, you will certainly find it at the Modern Honolulu. As you drive up and enter the Modern Honolulu, you will be greeted with a 5-star attitude, real lemonade and a cold hand towel as you begin your check-in process. The front desk staff personalize your the check-in process and make you feel like you are a VIP. The valet staff will take care of all your bags, park your car (if you have one), and when you are ready to drive out somewhere, the valet staff will quickly get your car and have a bottle(s) of water in the cup holder(s). Since discovering the Modern Honolulu two years ago with eight stays to date, I do not want to stay at any other hotel in Waikiki.

The rooms are super up-to-date, look new, and the bathrooms are solid with great amenities. The overall feel of the room makes you want to stay there all day -- well in Waikiki -- better go to the beach. Lastly, the rooms are turned at 7:00 pm and lights dimmed.

**NOTE** the cheese burger is outstanding and the morning coffee stays out until 9:30 am.

Modern Honolulu is my favorite hotel in Waikiki. The staff is extremely professional and will accommodate your requests. If you are a courteous guest and return a nice attitude, most likely you will be upgraded.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business