I stayed for 10 days at the Modern Hotel at the end of June and it was just amazing.
We had an ocean view room which was just great as we had a view of the pools at the hotel, the lagoon at the Hilton Village then onto the ocean. On Friday night they have a fireworks display from the beach, which we were able to see from either our room or from the pool deck.
The staff at the hotel were just so wonderful I could not begin to tell you how they went beyond all expectations. If there was a issue they were very open to hear what it was and then get it sorted with a smile and apology. The knowledge of the island and local restaurants is just fantastic. Also the little things they did before I arrived was incredible.
The food was excellent as well. They had local artists singing both around the pool and in the Study who were really good.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Honolulu. They are situated a 5 minute walk to the Ala Monana shopping mall and a 10 - 15 minute walk or 3 minute bus ride into Waikiki shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii