June 4 -11 2013 - 7 day luxury
We swapped our booking from the Sheraton which is massive in a busy area towards Diamond Head for this smaller one at slightly higher cost .But every dollar spent was more than justified. The Management want this hotel to be perfect in every respect and we can not fault it. The reception, concierge who books trips (must is the round island tour but our guide spoke far too fast, room house maids, the servers presenting breakfast near the pool, the bell boys who call you a taxi and help with luggage, in fact everyone performed to perfection.
We were on the 8th floor with two beds .In the two bedded rooms you do not get a balcony but if you just have one king size in your room then you do get a balcony. The view over the marina and out to the lagoon and sea was great. Aircon was quiet, superb bathroom and shower. Not keen on TV chanels and masses of adverts.
We did not try Morimotos restaurant (President Obama did eat here) as we found we did not need much to eat in the high temperatures. It was a bit cloudy at times so we did not get the superb sunsets. But Friday night fireworks were spectacular lasting 4 minutes.
This hotel is a joy with the moving bookcase revealing at 6.00 p.m. a wonderful cocktail lounge and a wonderful mixer lady.
We did not use the Spa or fitness center but it looked very good.
We never even thought that we should ever be able in our lifetimes to enjoy such luxury.
It was a total real joy and pleasure to be looked after so well and in such a superb Island and People.
Thank you so much Hotel Modern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii