We stayed here in a ocean view room for 6 nights.
The hotel is absolutely superb. Beautifully appointed and with a boutique ambiance. The swimming pool area is wonderful and there was never an issue with deck chairs. There is another adult pool but we never ventured there but looked ok.
The Ocean View room was superb. and hsd an adequate ocean view , excellent size and uniquely furnished.
The hotel staff were amazingly helpful and would go out of their way to ensure a pleasant holiday.
The breakfast menu at the pool bar has an excellent balanced food choice. Love the coffee choices. .. particularly if you are from NZ or Oz.
I did find the staff here on occasion were not attentive and the food wait was too long.
As for the location. .. very very close to Alamoana shopping mall (10 minute walk) . Long Way too the Waikiki strip but is a fabulous 30 minute Beach walk there or a US$8 taxi ride each way.
If I were one of the large hotel chains I would send my spies to this hotel to see what they could learn !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii