We spent three weeks on all the major Hawaiian Islands and were not that keen to visit Waikiki but had to for our flights home. We were so glad to stay at The Modern!
We loved the decor throughout the hotel and in our room - so "modern" and clean. Comfortable bed too. We had an ocean view - nice! I can imagine the rooms on the other side would be a bit noisy as the road seemed to be quite busy. The rooms had all the touches a Gen Y couple want like wifi and an iPod dock so we were happy.
The location was good - only a 5 minute walk past the lagoon and then you're on the main beach. We had dinner at Roy's in Waikiki (awesome) and that was a short walk too. Also, the hotel is close to the Ala Moana shopping centre and like a 10 minute walk (max).
We had a great time hanging out by the pools which is not usually our thing. Great cocktails (particularly during happy hour) and every night there was different live music around happy hour/sunset - we LOVED it!
We never ate at Morimoto, but had brekkie by the pool. It was a bit expensive, but it is a hotel brekkie. Nothing mind-blowing for the brekkie menu but the usual suspects: granola, eggs benny, brekkie burrito, eggs on toast, etc. What we had was good though.
We would definitely come back if we were in Waikiki again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii