The Modern Honolulu
$208
$202
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach(Honolulu)
$266
$229
  • Breakfast included
$249
$217
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

$338
$289
Hyatt.com
$329
$244
$199
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)
$248
$189
Hotwire.com
$705
$591
4,366 results
All reviewsthe studymorimoto restaurantsunrise pooliron chefday bedpool areawaikiki beachala moana shoppingour honeymoonadult poolamazing hotelmain poolmin walkpool staffred lobsterturn down servicepartial ocean view
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Jan 2013 for only 2 nights and wished we had booked a longer stay. We were looking for somewhere to stay for our last 2 nights of a 14 night stay in Oahu and this turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.
As soon as we pulled up our car out front we were treated to great service. This continued for our stay except for one time on our last afternoon at the pool where we were ignored by the pool bar staff. Not sure if this because they knew we had already checked out. It did put a damper on the experience....

The room we had was partial ocean view and it had a nice sized balcony with a great view of the ocean and marina. I enjoyed sitting out there at night to see the city and stars having a glass of wine before dinner. The bed was very comfortable.

Dinner at Morimoto's restaurant in the hotel was simply amazing! One of the best culinary experiences of my life and I am a foodie. We also enjoyed breakfast on the patio by the pool one morning and lunch poolside.

There are 2 pools although one is really just an ankle deep wading pool. I really enjoyed that the one pool was heated and had salt water. This made a huge difference as the other hotel we stayed at (Outrigger Reef on the Beach) was not heated and I could hardly stand to swim in it. The 2nd pool on the upper level is nice because it has a sandy area around it which is like being on the beach and has really nice comfortable loungers.
The clientel seemed to be on the younger side and reminded me of a South Beach crowd. There were a few families with young kids but it was mostly couples in their twenties and early thirties.

I also enjoyed the small gym which had nice new machines. I didn't get any spa treatments but used the facilities to shower on the last day after check out. I thought it was nice that they offered this facility for those with a late flight as not all hotels do this.

Would I go back? Definitely yes! It is a new go-to place for us for short stays in Oahu. The only downside was the distance from the main strip and Waikiki beach. It was about a 30 min walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Modern Honolulu was the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. Being completely unfamiliar with Honolulu, I had no idea what to expect regarding the location, being slightly outside of the main strip, but I couldn't have been more thrilled!
The service was always exceptional. The quality of the room and cleanliness was always consistent and to a really high standard. And the hotel itself is beautiful and well, modern... I loved the Sunrise Pool Bar, especially the gorgeous sunbeds. And sunset over the mariner was stunning and a highlight of the day!
If you haven't planned a thing for your holiday, just see the concierges, they were amazing! I can't recommend this place enough.

Room Tip: Be aware that when it says 'Ocean View', it's not a full ocean view. It just means that it is a room towards the front of the building and therefore you will be able to see more ocean. For full ocean, you have to select a suite I believe.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here in February for two weeks. Everything was perfect. We ate at the famed Morimoto restaurant of the hotel and it was just as amazing as we would expect.I also especially liked the very light scent that was prevalent throughout the hotel and found a room spray of a similar fragrance at pier one imports to remind us of our trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sick! As in amazing! Modern decor. Clean. Excellent service. Lemon water and warm towel at check in. Poolside manner- handed out free sorbet, constant checks if you need water, they set your towels up, etc. Free awesome coffee in the lobby in the mornings. My husband and I were upgraded since we were honeymooners. The concierge desk, Stephanie, was amazing! Best help we've ever received from any hotel concierge desk. Told us where to go, eat, made all the calls, booked everything, then sent us our itineraries and marked up maps up to our room later that evening. We are so grateful for her help since we didn't really have time to plan anything prior to landing. This place is worth every penny, excellent customer service, classy joint, super relaxing. Short walk to beach front. Side notes for waikiki area- eat at Morimotos, Duke's, the fat Greek, cheeseburger in paradise (<-located in the outdoor mall area resembling rodeo drive). Rent a car for two days and spend it on the north shore beaches...1000x more beautiful than the commercialized waikiki shore (leave early, pkg for one of the nicest beach is a pain). Visit the Waimea Falls Park right next door to Kailua/Lanikai beaches (we paid to get driven directly to the waterfall, and then swam in it). Pearl Harbor is a must. Although I hated all the chain restaurants and crowds of Waikiki, I loved going back to the Modern and feeling all relaxed and taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank youngfemalepro
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A calming oasis in the heart of Honolulu. A resurrected W of sorts in white. This trendy hotel has the charm of a modern hotel with the amenities of a luxury hotel. We were reluctant to stay here because of the comments about noise, but found the hotel very quiet and appropriate. The staff was young and vibrant, the rooms were well appointed with great views. Loved the balconies and bonus firework show friday night. A lovely hotel in all respects.

Room Tip: Ask for a firework view room!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family