This is not a 'family' hotel, but my family loved it. It's a Schrager, with all that that means. Beautiful design, attention to every smallest detail, a decorative symphony of white, off white, ivory, cream, light wood tones and...white. We stayed with two teenagers, who were blown away by the look and feel of the public spaces and their rooms. The staff were simply extraordinary. Young, beautiful, and committed to our happiness. Their uniforms are the best I've seen at a tropical resort. And the morning coffee served in the lobby bar is the ONLY drinkable coffee we found on the island.
The location is ideal - a short stroll from shopping mecca Ala Moana Centre, and a brief $9 cab ride from the flesh pits of Waikiki. Best of both worlds. In-hotel dining is casual by the pool or an extreme sport at iron chef Morimoto's sleek coral crowned restaurant. Lots of good economical dining options in the nearby area - we loved the Chart House. A surfeit of car hire options just a block away. Really, the Modern is perfectly situated.
Any gripes at all? Perhaps the beds and pillows were just tooooo soft and inviting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii