He hotel was relatively easy to find located on the west side of the Waikiki strip. With the hotel being on the edge of the strip it was perfect for being able to leave the city for the day. Decor is minimalist and understated. Staff were relatively friendly and very helpful. The room was very nice, we had a partial ocean view room with a balcony which was nice for watching the sunset and drying out our beach towels. There was valet parking available for $28 or $20 per day if you parked yourself in the parade across the street. Rooms were very clean and had everything you could want including a fridge. Only unconvienent thing was that if you wanted ice, you had to call the front desk for them to bring it to you.
Iron chef Morimoto has a restaurant in this hotel which we ate at twice during our stay. It was impeccable and delicious. A must if you are visiting the Honolulu area.
We ate at the sunrise bar one morning for breakfast and it was delicious.
Had drinks one afternoon at the sunset bar and it was very nice. Relaxing music, nice chairs with an ankle deep pool and good drink selection.
Would return to this hotel in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii