We stayed at the Modern for 6 nights in early September. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and had a modern decor. We had a partial ocean view room with a balcony facing the pool area, which we highly recommend. The pool area is very nice and the service very attentive and not at all pretentious. The hotel is located right across the marina, and is a 10-15 minute walk to Waikiki. This distance is perfect, as you're walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shopping, but removed just enough from the packaged tourist crowds. During the day, it's actually a nice walk along the beach in the mornings and during the sunsets. The hotel serves coffee in the lobby in the mornings. There's a convenience store located diagonally across from the hotel, and a public parking garage two blocks away that charges only $12 for 24hrs (the hotel valet was pricey). We didn't feel that this hotel was such a party place as we had read (maybe it was back in the day when it first opened) and didn't have any noise complaints. We thought about checking out the club downstairs but decided not to as the crowd we saw in line seemed pretty lame. We felt the staff was nice, helpful, and professional. The only thing that we can complain is that one morning we called them asking for utensils and they never delivered to us. But other than that, our stay was great and we highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii