Picked this hotel after spending a couple of nights in Maui. The first hotel we stayed at was the Hilton Waikiki Beach and compared to that this was certainly more modern and "chic". My BF loved this place, especially the pool but for me it was a bit "too cool for school", with it's modern vibe which I felt was a bit out of place with Hawaii's laid back, beachy atmosphere.
Still can't really fault it for what it is - walkable distance to Ala Moana Shopping Centre, Morimoto's restaurant in house which was delicious, great service from everyone, the pool was nice and warm (although a bit too small for people who actually want to swim, it's more for lazing around and looking nice). Heard the club in this place is also really popular but was too exhausted to go.
If you like a really streamline modern design and are not too concerned about being far from Waikiki (I'd say about 10mins walk from the very end of the strip!), then stay here. If you're like me and prefer Hawaii more old school and down-to-earth, maybe skip it.
One more thing if you do stay here, it's walkable to the Ala Moana Beach Park which is a much nicer and less crowded beach than Waikiki!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii