The staff were instantly very accommodating, the first room we were given was small and unfortunately a restaurant opposite was having renovation so the view wasn't what we had imagined but when we asked for a different room the staff were quick to accommodate with no more than a 15 minute wait which was very impressive, the new room had a great poolside view and was much larger, as a couple looking to escape a bust city lifestyle we did not realise Hawaii was such a family holiday destination, apparently the modern used to have a no children policy which had recently changed, it was nice that they did have an adult pool, unfortunately parents had not adopted this which was a little annoying but no fault of the hotels. Smokers beware Hawaii is generally a non smoker friendly zone, there was a dedicated smoking area which was no actually on the hotel and consisted of about 1 sq metre in between an adjacent hotel, in which even there we were told we were bothering their residents sitting outside, all for eco friendly but it wasnt nice to feel like an outcast. There were also no smoking rooms, I suppose had we researched more thoroughly we would have realised this before booking but in this day and age I suppose we hadn't thought of this a problem.
Concierge very knowledgeable and helpful, nothing was too much. All in all maybe not ideal for our requirements but a great hotel and stay non the less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii