The Modern Honolulu
$352
$325
Westin.com
  • Beachfront
Ala Moana Hotel(Honolulu)(Great Value!)
$169
$442
$305
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa(Honolulu)
$179
$380
Priceline
$525
4,333 results
All reviewsthe studymorimoto restaurantsunrise pooliron chefday bedpool areawaikiki beachala moana shoppingour honeymoonadult poolamazing hotelmain poolmin walkpool staffturn down servicepartial ocean viewthe main strip
Reviewed September 1, 2012

TMH has become one of our favorite hotels! From the subtle scent of plumeria to handing out samples of sorbet at the Sunrise pool, this hotel excels in small details. Being a fan of modern luxury, TMH did not disappoint in its decor and appointments both in the common areas and individual room. There were several things I wanted for my own place, and the staff helped me get them. Morimoto is the perfect restaurant to partner with this hotel. The fusion of Asian, Hawaiian, and American elements was artful and delicious. Notwithstanding, the food at the Sunrise pool wasn't just regular hotel food. Some of the best waffles, hash browns, and mojitos that we had! The staff was happy and great as well. We really didn't want to leave our little oasis! Job well done!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for reception ... Will not likely return. Very low water pressure- my wife could barely wash & rinse her hair. I could not connect to internet via wireless or Ethernet cable. Hotel architecture is very contemporary as are the rooms, however, these two basic provisions made our stay very unsatisfactory. The view from our ocean view room was very nice- overlooking Ala Moana harbor. Location was very convenient to walking along the beach walk. Next time will likely return to the Halekulani!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank Eichiban
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is not cheap so you expect a high level of service. Had a partial ocean view room. Liked the room but could not sleep. It partly overlooks the sea, but also the hotel entrance and a parking lot across the street which had cars in and out all night. The hotel has a night club and the noise blares up all night if you are either on the partial ocean view side, city view or above the entrance. We came back on two nights over the weekend and there were queues of people sprawling out around the hotel entrance trying to get into the nightclub and cigarettes everywhere. .Reminded me of a college night club. Not very pleasant, plus police cars were called with their blaring sirens both nights. Simply means you cannot sleep.The girls on the reception are helpful. One guy on reception is completely disinterested and unhelpful. They cordon off the pool area for private functions. We stayed five nights and four of them have partial or no access due to private functions. Breakfast service at pool area is slow. Seems to be no service for pool drinks at the adults pool. Would love to recommend this hotel but when you cannot sleep after paying a lot of cash, I would not risk staying here. They need to do something about the queue system at the nightclub and the mess it creates outside. The guys at reception could learn lot from their female colleagues. Stay some where else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank pirt12
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed at The Modern in July 2012 and it is the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. It's like your inside Vogue magazine! They treat you like you are a celebrity! Perfect location for me as i have been to Hawaii 4 times. It is not right in the heart of Waikiki however if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with not to much fuss than this is your hotel!
Housekeeping comes around twice a day, we always had new water bottles put in our room which was fantastic. Pool attendants are great and the Morimoto Resturant is AMAZING! A little expensive but if you have the budget then I would definitley recommend this Restaurant. Very Funky and worth your money!
Have fun! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a Marina/Ocean View Room! The view at Sunset over the marina is to die for!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Amy K
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am not quite sure what other people expect from a 5 Star hotel. Nor do I understand some of the negative comments posted here. We stayed for 5 night in the one bedroom suite. Check-in fast, friendly, and with a nice personal touch with the cold towel and drink. First impression of room was "WOW". Clean, spacious, tighty, lots of light, wonderful views, and easy on the eye. Staff went out of their way to get us anything we wanted (at anytime I may add too).
Asked for a coffee maker to be brought up to room and promptly got it for the entire stay with fresh coffee every morning. Smiles everywhere. It really seemed they liked what they were doing. From bell-hop to pool staff to bar staff to spa staff.
Bar staff at the pool made us feel welcome every night and day. Made one heck of a coconut Mohito. In addition I asked them to make a drink that was not on the menu, we googled it together and they zipped it right up.
The gym is small, however I never had to wait for a treadmill or other equipment (did workouts mornings and afternoons).
Location is great. Everything you need within walking distance. Restaurants, shopping, beaches.
Lots of comments about the hotel being noisy at night. Yes Friday night was a bit of a party at the pool, so instead of complaining, we joined in. Besides that, not noisy at all.
I recommend this hotel for people who like a little extra. Not necessarily a "kid" friendly hotel (did not see a lot of things for kids to do at the hotel), certainly more directed to adults, even so we saw lots of kids having fun in the pool.
Overall, a very STRONG recommendation. You will not be disapointed.
The staff make the difference. Lots of hotels with great rooms and views. Few that make you feel you are the only guest in the place.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room. If possible any room ending in either x10 or x11 (910 or 911 and so forth).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends