I am not quite sure what other people expect from a 5 Star hotel. Nor do I understand some of the negative comments posted here. We stayed for 5 night in the one bedroom suite. Check-in fast, friendly, and with a nice personal touch with the cold towel and drink. First impression of room was "WOW". Clean, spacious, tighty, lots of light, wonderful views, and easy on the eye. Staff went out of their way to get us anything we wanted (at anytime I may add too).
Asked for a coffee maker to be brought up to room and promptly got it for the entire stay with fresh coffee every morning. Smiles everywhere. It really seemed they liked what they were doing. From bell-hop to pool staff to bar staff to spa staff.
Bar staff at the pool made us feel welcome every night and day. Made one heck of a coconut Mohito. In addition I asked them to make a drink that was not on the menu, we googled it together and they zipped it right up.
The gym is small, however I never had to wait for a treadmill or other equipment (did workouts mornings and afternoons).
Location is great. Everything you need within walking distance. Restaurants, shopping, beaches.
Lots of comments about the hotel being noisy at night. Yes Friday night was a bit of a party at the pool, so instead of complaining, we joined in. Besides that, not noisy at all.
I recommend this hotel for people who like a little extra. Not necessarily a "kid" friendly hotel (did not see a lot of things for kids to do at the hotel), certainly more directed to adults, even so we saw lots of kids having fun in the pool.
Overall, a very STRONG recommendation. You will not be disapointed.
The staff make the difference. Lots of hotels with great rooms and views. Few that make you feel you are the only guest in the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii