My daughter was competing in a surf contest at Ala Moana Bowls in Honolulu. I selected the Modern Hotel as It was nearest to the surf break. It is rated a 4.5 star hotel so I was not sure how the staff would feel about my 13 year old daughter walking around with a surfboard and bikini clad but the staff was great. We stayed in an ocean view suite overlooking the Ala Moana harbor. The room was done in all shades of white with colorful accents, it kind of reminded me of a villa in Greece. There were two rooms and a bathroom all decked out in beautiful linens, big screen TV's in the sitting room as well as the bedroom and two balconies. The pillows and quilt were made of feathers which I love but my daughter is very allergic, so we called the front desk and they switched out the feather items, asap.
I cannot say enough about the staff, they knew our names, they were excited about my daughters competition and asked her for daily updates, which made her feel very important, they happily held her longboard at bell desk. Her shortboards were transported to the room on the 15th floor without even a blink of the eye. Everybody was very welcoming and epitomized the laid back luxury feel.
We dined at Iron Chef Morimoto's for lunch the first day there and it was beyond delicious, a must when visiting Honolulu. We also went to the pool bar at sunset, there was pleasant live music and the Maitai was perfect. The crowd was 30 to 40 and chic but casual.
We loved this place and will only stay at the Modern when visiting Oahu's South Shore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii