By my standards this hotel was a five star.
The hotel is very clean and comfortable, the room was beautiful. The staff always very helpful and the location was close to everything. Great customer service! When you are greeted with cheerful smiles it makes all the difference. The hotel is fairly new and they still seem to be ironing out some of the procedures but the staff is so great it is never a problem.
The concierge service was extremely helpful. We dealt mainly with Stephanie she was so wonderful. At first it was a little difficult for me because I was expecting to find information at the hotel. They have no pamphlets on site. Everything is so clean and sleek. They provide free internet so you can check everything out on your computer. Then they make all arrangements and suggestions and there is always someone available to answer questions. The front desk staff are also wonderful.
The pool was beautiful and we were sad that we did not have the opportunity to go to the restaurant on site it was always so busy and had we planned ahead we may have been able to get reservations.
We did many activities including surfing lessons, sailing and snorkelling, rented a car and travelled around the island, Para sailing, etc. everything was amazing. The highlight for our whole family including my teenage children was the visit to Pearl Harbour with its great museums, visiting the submarine and the monument was overwhelming. It was an amazing experience and not to be missed if you visit Oahu.
We loved everything about our trip and would most definitely visit Oahu and the Modern hotel again in the future. Thanks to all the staff at the Modern for making our trip so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii