“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Discover Scuba Diving from Waikiki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Honolulu Scuba Company is closest dive center to Kewalo Basin Harbor in Honolulu. We provide free transportation to and from Waikiki. Besides daily tours for certified dives and first timer divers, the dive center offers a full range of services: retail scuba equipment and accessories, air and nitrox fills, and full on site service center, rebreather support and training, and a full range of PADI courses that can be organized on either visitor or resident schedules.
Half Moon Bay, California, United States
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am from Chile, I came here to enjoy Hawaii and I just did scuba diving with this company today, I have just one word: AWESOME!!!! the crew was so nice, they came to our hotel to pick my friends an me up, they took us there, gave us the equipment and took us to the ocean, they were very funny, all the time worried about how we were, they taught us everything and took us to swim with turtles and sharks, I saw AWESOME animal down there, multicolors fish, sharks, absolutely awesome. The best experience in my life so far. After that they took us back to the Hotel. Excellent service, thank you so much!!! I would do it 3 thousand times with them :)

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“so much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

These guys are true professionals. I freaked out during the begining of my dive and was unable to go down, but my dive instructor Nate was super nice about it and gave me a big hug. I still had a great time swimming and snorkeling. I saw tons of fish, dolphins, and even sea turtles. These guys are super nice. My brother and boyfriend, both first timers, who did go down had a blast. Wether you're a professional or a beginner these guys will show you some of Hawaii's best diving spots.

“Excellent adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a blast. Entire crew were great! Very patient! Vic, Kate, Nate, Mason, Tyler, ... There were 7 of us (family) diving... For most of us it was our first dive since certification so we were very nervous. But they made us feel very comfortable.

Visited May 2013
Crystal Springs, Mississippi, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had 7 family members dive with them and they were great. The dive crew was friendly, funny and generally made us comfortable. One of our group had some trouble and they went out of their way to make sure there dive experience was a memorable one. Would dive with them again if and when I come back to Hawaii.

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Un-knowledgeable and Lazy crew”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We opted to meet at their dive shop an hour earlier than the meet time at the pier in order to ensure that we were given properly fitting dive equipment and for free parking. When we showed up, the had us sign waivers and pay immediately however never showed us our equipment to ensure the fit saying that they hand picked it based on the sizes we told them and then told us we were better off just driving ourselves to the pier and paying for parking anyways.

It was an unnecessarily early morning and we waiting for a long time before the boat finally got underway. Once on board they set up our gear and we found that they had given each of us BCDs that were too small for us. This is a big problem since it throws off the distribution of all that weight on your back and shoulders. When we told them they were not the right size they said that's all that they had on the boat and that they couldn't do anything about it.

I had specifically told Cap. Mac that we were not interested in diving off of Waikiki, of course when we showed up that morning that is precisely where they took us to dive. First stop was the YO, my boyfriend made it into the water without any help from the crew other than unhooking his tank from the boat. I told the captain I was going to need help getting up and into the water. After getting myself strapped in I went to stand, the captain did not help lift my tank as I had asked him to. I struggled trying to stand and eventually fell back into my seat. He looked over and said "oh your tank is still strapped it" well DUH jerk you were supposed to undo that and lift the tank for me! Unfortunately the struggle pulled something in my back and I was unable to complete either of the two dives that morning because of it, but they had no problem keeping all my money.

This left my boyfriend to buddy up with the dive master. It is a good thing he has his advanced cert because she was a horrible buddy, at one time she was on the complete opposite end of the ship wreck from him. On the second dive (the turtle cleaning station which is an overly crowded tourist snorkeling stop) the deepest sandy bottom was only 35 feet, so who cares what she does. The crappy part was she only let the group stay down for 30 minutes! At such a shallow depth a conservative acceptable length would have been upwards of 50 minutes.

Bottom line, don't waste your time or money!

Visited May 2013