“Don't go diving with anyone else on Oahu.”

Honolulu Scuba Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$145.56*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving from Waikiki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Honolulu Scuba Company is closest dive center to Kewalo Basin Harbor in Honolulu. We provide free transportation to and from Waikiki. Besides daily tours for certified dives and first timer divers, the dive center offers a full range of services: retail scuba equipment and accessories, air and nitrox fills, and full on site service center, rebreather support and training, and a full range of PADI courses that can be organized on either visitor or resident schedules.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't go diving with anyone else on Oahu.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

The guys at the shop were incredibly helpful, extremely humorous and lighthearted. It took all the stress out of diving. I had a horrible experience with a company called Dive Oahu, but the guys at Honolulu Scuba restored my confidence in Oahu diving. Don't go with the cheapest shop, because chances are they won't even have a shop, and they'll give you a seat on someone else's boat. The people you talk to at the other shops are lazy and unreliable at best. HSC owns their own boat. They will pick you up from your hotel, and they give a discount if you dive with them for more than one day. Don't go with anyone else.

2 Thank schustdj

Sierra Vista, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Webster's definition of safe and fun diving.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

Before I review this Dive Shop let us do some leg work for you. My husband and I have seen better dive regulations in 3rd world countries than we saw on Oahu. Dive operators can have a website and phone, book dives, and pool with other dive ships on what we would call a cattle boat with 30-40 people and multiple divemasters on one boat. Now I clarify we have no l on l experience with one of these boats, but from what we witnessed we quickly new it was not for us. So if you want to go out with a shop that owns their boat, has a full time staff and a shop that you can actually walk into for supplies and repairs than Capt'n Mac's Honolulu Scuba Co. is the only place we found to go on Oahu.

On one of our dive trips with Capt'n Mac's we had the opportunity to observe one of their dive instructors, (Christine) conduct extremely proffession and thorough training to certify a new diver.

Our Divemaster (Brian) had both the ability and knowledge to provide us with a fun and memorable dive.

We caution you buyer beware when booking dives in Honolulu. If you want a shop that cares about your safety and wants you to have a positive experience for repeat business than it is non other than Capt'n Mac's Honolulu Scuba Co.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Pam K
Chisago City, Minnesota
“Great first time experience - would do it again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I visited Hawaii in May with my son. We decided to give SNUBA a try! We could not have been more pleased with HSC. From the person I booked with, the driver, the Captain and our instructor, everybody was friendly, accomodating and made my young son feel comfortable! We were picked up on time at our hotel and driver was so nice, telling us about the best places to eat, etc. The instructors were very patient with my son who was nervous to be on the ocean. We saw incredible sights, turtles, a ray, dolphins, etc. It was an experience my son and I will not soon forget. HSC thanks for making our trip even better!

Visited May 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Relaxed and Awesome Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

I recently got certified through Honolulu Scuba Company after going trough two other dive companies that were terrible. HSC took care of me with no non-sense, prompt completion of the course. The dive spots were awesome- saw an eagle ray, tons of turtles and fish, an octopus, frog fish...
Christine is an awesome instructor to dive with and I enjoyed my experience thoroughly. I recently did a night dive with them also and it was raaaaad and so much fun! I definitely recommend those.

Visited September 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Company, Great Dive Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I had a wonderful experience getting open water certified with Honolulu Scuba Company. The instructor, Vic, was extremely patient and funny, which was wonderful since I'd never gone diving before and was more than a little nervous about the whole thing. The boat dives were incredible - we saw lots of animals (sea turtles, puffer fish, eels) and the staff on the boat were very professional. Bring water, lunch if you need it, sunscreen and a bathing suit, and you'll have a great morning. I will definitely dive with them again!

Visited August 2011