“Vacation Favorite”

Neighborhood: Waikiki
San Diego
“Vacation Favorite”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

One of my favorite things to do during our trips to Hawaii is to visit Lappert's and have a yummy treat. The smell of the freshly made waffle cones is so enticing and I love to try the different island flavors unavailable to us at home. This trip I sneaked back a second time to enjoy a double scoop of the coconut pineapple and the coconut macadamia nut fudge in a waffle cone. A slice of ice cream heaven!

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Scotch Plains
“The nicest folks at the Hilton complex”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The ice cream was very good and their mixed espresso coffee drinks were also excellent but the nicest thing about the folks at Lapperts is that they were the only servers to exhibit the Aloha spirit on the entire Hilton compound.....Yay for them!!

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Fun vacation treat!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ice cream is one of those things that is just SO much cheaper to eat at home...but on vacation...there is nothing wrong with a little splurge! We loved walking around Waikiki and stopping here for a delicious dipped waffle cone with a great flavor of ice cream. Even though there was almost always a line, they are very efficient at moving people through the line.

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“You never heard of a malt shake???”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I loved the ice cream(try the macadamia nut).I asked for a chocolate malt and he looked at me like I had two heads.I explained what malt powder was and he said he never heard of it.(I must be getting old)

Visited October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“good service, ok ice cream...”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lapperts became a destination for me (us) while visiting in Waikiki. Open later and just 15 mins from our hotel, I wanted to have a moonlit treat one evening so we finally found it, buried deep at the back of the Hilton H V lot. Very busy of course, due to being part of the Hilton zoo of Hotels, we didn't have to wait that long in the line. Choices aren't that clearly displayed and you feel a little rushed to choose once in line....ok. so I decide a waffle cone-bowl with a choice vanilla and some hot fudge to go. Sound yummy... just average though. Nothing great or special. Just ice cream. In Canada we have DQ (Dairy Queen) and the hot fudge topping kicked this one's weak runny sauces butt so hard.... and very small portions for the $$. They have everybody hostage with no completion anywhere close by so, it is what it is, mate.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Lappert's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!