“great coffee and food”

Ranked #4 of 96 Coffee & Tea in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed March 19, 2014

busy place, always a lineup day and night. Coffee is good and the limited food menu that is offered until 3pm is decent. Nothing fancy but different sandwiches and deserts. Fruit cups are pretty popular. Try the yogurt bowl.

1  Thank Sindbad2007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Island Vintage Coffee is a must stop for my wife and I have grown to like it too. The coffee (any flavor) and acai bowls are awesome!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I had an island latte after a disappointing meal, and it made the palatable world right again! It was terrific. I am a fan. The employees were kind, and I look forward to trying out the rest of the menu.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been to Island Vintage Coffee three times in the past two days and cannot emphasize how great their coffee is. My favorite is the Island Latte which has hints of macadamia nut and coconut. I've also had the Taro shake, Ahi tuna, and Acai bowl which were also delicious. It's a pretty small place for how busy it always is but I've always found a table to sit at. They have free wifi so I was able to work while enjoying my food.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had high hopes for this place after hearing about the mango peanutbutter sandwich from Greg and Keira on the foodie tour. It took me 3 trips to actually be able to try the elusive sandwhich (which was fantastic by the way).

Trip #1~the day after the foodie tour, my sister and I stopped in late in the afternoon. I was confused because I didn't see any menu for food. When we got to the front of the long line, we ordered drinks (she the Island Latte, which we both loved, and me the honey cinnamon drink, which we thought was ok) and I asked whether they had another menu. We were told they offered other food until 3 (it was around 4:30). We also ordered and split the acai bowl. It was expensive and required a 10-15 minute wait, but it was pretty awesome. I am still thinking about that bowl!

Trip #2~the next morning we stopped in before a tour. We were told they opened at 6am, and we needed to be at our pick up location by 6:30. They were not ready to open until about 6:10, and seemed like very unhappy campers to have to be at work that early. The food case had what appeared to be the leftovers from the day before. I asked about ordering from their food menu and was told it did not start until 8am (information that would have been nice to know the day before when I was told they served food until 3!) The acai bowl was available, but would have required at least 20 minutes after ordering because they were not yet prepared to serve it. We ended up eating day-old cookies from the food case for breakfast. My mother contemplated calling later to discuss our experience with a manager, but ultimately she just decided that she would never go back, and on the remainder of our vacation, she told others about it. On the upside, the Island Latte was still fantastic!

Trip #3~Finally aware that the golden times were now narrowed to between 8am and 3pm, and now more determined than ever to try the mango PB sandwhich, my husband and I arrived a little after 1:30. The lines were long so by the time we got to the front and ordered (just the $10 sandwhich please!) it was 2. We got a number and were told to take a seat. We waited, and waited, and waited. How long does it take to make a peanut butter sandwhich you ask? Apparently 30 minutes! On the upside, this trip, all the workers were friendly and seemed happy to be there. After about 25 minutes, I asked one of the food runners how long people usually wait. She said 15-20 minutes is average, then when to check on my food. She came back saying the order had not gotten to the kitchen, then came back a few minutes later saying actually it was there but the wait time is usually 20-30 minutes so there were still orders before mine that needed to be made first. In the meantime, another lady, who I think was either an owner or a manager came over and offered us drinks (another Island Latte for me? Don't mind if I do!) because our order was taking so long. Almost an hour after we first arrived, I finally had the sandwich in my hands. Greg wasn't wrong~it was amazing.

If you don't mind waiting (and possibly waiting and waiting some more), this place has some pretty tasty stuff. Just be prepared that their customer service is sometimes lacking, and they could definitely streamline their procedures for getting customers through the lines and the orders to the customers more quickly.

Next time I am anywhere near an Island Vintage, I will try it again~the Island Latte, the Acai bowl, and especially the mango peanutbutter sandwich are all worth the wait to me, but I doubt that any of my family (especially my mom) could be convinced to join me again.

1  Thank NoDakGirl