“Very nice...VERY expensive!”
Review of Food Pantry

Food Pantry
Ranked #55 of 333 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Milk is between $8.00 and $10.00 a gallon! Orange Juice is between $6.00 to $7.00 for a half gallon. Everything that you would expect in a grocery store at home can just about be found here but at three to four times the price. I know that Waikiki is expensive and food must be shipped over from the mainland, but I cannot help but think that this place gouges the tourists. I have visited food stores beyond Waikiki and they are much, much cheaper for the same products for the locals. I do shop here if my room has a micro-wave and small fridge but only for convenience when I want a snack in my room. As other posters have stated, Denny's is across the street and quite reasonable. Heck, for less money they buy the food, make it for you, serve it and even do the dishes!!!

1  Thank MikeGreek

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fantastic supermarket with all the variety of foods you could want to make your stay more affordable.. Regular grocery items plus a huge range of ready to zap food, and organic foods as well.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Friendly staff at this place but very pricey products - eg. cereal and milk. Bubblicious gum at 99 cents was a good price. When your cereal and milk runs out, consider going to Dennys - they have $2, $4, $6 and $8 value meals for breakfast and you get a LOT of food!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Found this supermarket by accident. It's behind the Food Express shop. The main entry was off the side road and we didn't know that it was there. Found it cheaper and easier to buy a few supplies for breakfast or lunch than eating out all the time. A good range and deli choice

2  Thank Sandra Chris S
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was very impressed with both Food Pantry and the attached Express version next door. It's in a good, central location, has a great range of products including fresh bakery items, fruit & vegetables and meat. Its well stocked and there's enough cashiers so you don't need to wait long. We stopped in here regularly to buy snacks for the hotel. If we ever return to Waikiki I'll definitely shop here again.

1  Thank Vmwhitak