“Close to all hotels in Waikiki”
Review of Food Pantry

Food Pantry
Ranked #58 of 332 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love that this market is close by and you can find every thing there. I use to shop at this story when I lived in WAIKIKI, yrs. ago and when IAM in town l like to go there, many good memories. Plus I like their little donuts shop, the only time I allow myself to have donuts.

1  Thank Norma Jean L

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the Food Pantry thinking it was a restaurant place and learning that it is also a full service grocery store. (The Food Pantry is located across Kuhio from the Miramar Hotel and across the side street from the Ohana Waikiki West.) The food pantry also has a coffee bar and some take out or eat in food. I think the grocery prices are a little better than the local ABC stores but still expensive by mainland standards, especially milk, I noticed. If you need to stock up on food supplies or snacks for your room, check out the Food Pantry.

2  Thank Ken B
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We picked up quite a few essentials at the Food Pantry but found the prices to be quite high. It was obviously for the tourists as not too many locals were to be seen. Having said that, it was at least convenient.

1  Thank Freya1958
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat and were mostly finding the same chains that we could find on the mainland, so we asked the cashier in one of the local stores where they liked to eat and were directed to the steak place located in The Food Pantry. The Food Pantry is a grocery store that also has a coffee counter and a counter where you can buy take-out steak dinners. For $7.99 I got grilled steak, spring mix salad, my choice of white or brown rice (I chose brown), and a choice from many varieties of homemade steak sauces, all served in a styrofoam take-out container. There was a small seating area in the store, and we chose a spot by the window. It was a great spot for people watching, both those out on the street and those coming into the store. We had a nice conversation with a local woman who came in to shop and who recommended a few other restaurants to try while we were there. My entire meal was delicious and much cheaper than I would have paid in some of the other restaurants in the area for a similar quality meal.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great to have a grocery store in Waikiki. Prices are a little high, but it is hawaii and they have all your needs and they are the ONLY grocery store in Waikiki.
I shop there every visit...........

1  Thank kentucky57