“pretensious and expensive”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
UK
“pretensious and expensive”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was average but not the standard I expected for the exhorbitant prices. The server was just pushing all the special steaks at $99 I would expect half a cow

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“It's a 10!!!!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ok, I love good food and good service. A lot. I was visiting one of my best friends in Honolulu and asked, "where is the best restaurant on Oahu now?" She thought about it for awhile and said, BLT.....there are a lot of outstanding places to eat on Oahu...I used to live there, I know that to be true. She hit that one on the head! What an amazingly fabulous experience! Our waiter, Chris and his back up, Eric, made our night super special. The service was over the top, not pretentious at all, in what could be a really stuffy place (in the Trump Tower, the manager, Andrew even came over to say hi) and the food, every. single. morsel. was delicious! So glad we shared a steak (which was a juicy rib eye) because we had scrumptious appetizers (the tuna tartar was excellent) and the surprise popover bread, YUM...we ordered on dessert to share between three of us and Chris surprised us with a couple more on him. You just don't see such amazing, friendly service, with super excellent food very often anymore. Maybe you get one or the other, but to have both together. PERFECTION!

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, BC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Fabulous steaks, wine, service and music. Quality without the pretentiousness! Was the best meal we had in Waikiki, will go back.

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
“YUUMY FOOD and GREAT service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Large portions, great food, and kids menus available. The popover bread was a big hit. Don't eat too much of it before you have your dinner, or you will be stuffed!

Visited April 2013
Omaha
“Happy hour!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

On our recent trip to Hawaii we decided to check out the happy hour at BLT, and it was so good that we went back again later in the week. We arrived at around 5:00pm and were able to get seats at the bar each time. The atmosphere in the bar area is very nice, from the seats to the music. The happy hour menu consists of 3 specific drinks along with certain wine and beer choices, and food items such as sushi or fries. The drinks were good, although still pricey for happy hour. We were served complimentary popcorn that was seasoned well and was refilled every time we emptied it, which was often. The first time that we dined we were given the complimentary popovers. These had a great crust and were airy inside. The second time we were given the complimentary pate, which my husband enjoyed. Each visit I ordered the gnocchi which is a side order only on the regular menu, but something I really wanted to try. This dish was fantastic, the fluffiest gnocchi I have ever had! Pillows of wonderfulness in a white sauce topped with parmesan. My husband had the braised short rib sandwiches and liked them so much he also got them the second time we went. I also really enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter dessert that consists of a chocolate peanut butter mousse topped with a crispy wafer, coated in chocolate sauce and topped with banana ice cream. I barely managed to resist ordering that again on the second visit. The bartending staff was very friendly and professional and we had fun watching them make drinks. Even at happy hour our bills were quite large, so I cannot imagine how much people are spending in the dining room. We felt that happy hour in the bar area was perfect for us. We will definitely be back on our next trip!

• Visited April 2013

Been to BLT Steak? Share your experiences!