“You can do better”
Review of BLT Steak

BLT Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
BLT Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 2,474 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This review is a little late but I was in Honolulu for business in January. We were able to get reservations quite easily and the staff at entrance were very nice and accommodating. Thats the best I can say. From there we waited at our table of four while tables around us were served - we were told there was some mix up with the waiters but even after that we sat and sat. The food quite frankly was not up to the price. I travel to lots of places for business and inevitably high priced steak is always a popular business dinner choice. The food here was wanting. It felt unloved, hurried and I left thanking the heavens that it was a business dinner and that the $400+ I paid was not coming out of my pocket. Perhaps by going the chain route, they have lost what made them great.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Fillet steak overdone, all the dishes with the exception of the bbq corn were not seasoned at all.
Deserts (warm chocolate tart and peanut butter chocolate mousse) were better than the entrees. Service was haphazard. They say they serve Illy coffee but we drink Illy coffee at home and my double espresso was weak and did not taste like Illy coffee.
Service was poor and it was obvious the waiters concentrated on tables with more diners.
Expesive for what you get.
Overall a disappointment.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Better than Ruths Chris just around the corner, this restaurant in the Trump Hotel served up some great steaks and sides which were prepared just as requested. Good cocktail selection and wine list was ok, but not great

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our overall experience was fine. The popovers that everyone raves about are as advertised-HUGE! You really don't need to order an appetizer. My wife's filet was not cooked to her liking....she ordered rare and it came medium. The blue cheeses tater tots were nice, as was the creamed spinach. I ordered a well prepared fish dish which was very was tasty. The wine list is manageable and has a good selection of wines by the glass. Waitstaff were pleasant, knowledgeable and very helpful with recommendations. We were seated outside, which is not a particularly prime location. Be prepared for a big bill!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Coming from Australia unfortunately received a poor cut of meat. Service however was outstanding and setting on balcony very pleasant.