“Great experience”

Royal Hawaiian Catamaran, Inc.
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We took this boat out for a sunset dinner and fireworks show excursion. Capt Kelly and crew were outstanding. The meal was wonderful. Would highly recommend this boat for all your needs. We did a snorkeling trip on this same boat 4 years ago and it was great also

1  Thank BPDChief

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our group of 20 (mostly work colleagues) was recently treated to an amazing experience with Captain Kelly on the Royal Hawaiian. The boat is the perfect size and was very comfortable for our crew. While some chose to sit on the front and back decks, the bow net was ideal for sunbathing and just relaxing and it was easy to walk around the boat, if necessary. Both Captain Kelly and his first mate made it a point to make sure we all were fed, comfortable and had everything we needed. The snorkeling spot was ideal and we were able to view several turtles and MANY, many fish below the surface. Captain Kelly even threw bread into the water that helped 'attract' a huge school of fish. He also made it a point to navigate the boat so that we could take a wonderful group picture with Diamond Head directly in the background. Many of us agreed this excursion made our trip even more memorable and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone going to Hawaii. The only thing that would have made this experience better would have been 3 more hours!!

1  Thank Kim_Fain
Reviewed April 22, 2012

My family (wife, daughter and me) as well as my parents in-law jet got back home from a most amazing vacation to Oahu - the most amazing part of which was our excursion with Capt. Kelly and crew. We showed up a touch early at Kewalo Basin as Capt Kelly was prepping the yacht for our half day excursion. He was very generous and told us he would be just a few more minutes, even pointing out a couple of rays in the harbor for us to take pictures of.

Once we were on board, we motored out of the harbor, and then he shut off the engines and let the wind and the sails take over. What a glorious sensation. Most of our group were out on the nets at the bow, watching the yacht cut through the clear blue water.

After sailing along Waikiki beach, Capt. Kelly spotted a pod of spinner dolphins playing in the water. It was something else watching them, as they came very close to the yacht. We noticed a couple of other boats doing the same, filed to capacity or near capacity. It was just the 5 of us plus crew. I love it!

After watching the dolphins play, we set anchor in a lovely spot where there were a number of sea turtles and at least 10 species of fish swimming amongst the reef. There were a couple of other snorkeling expeditions nearby, but they cleared off in fairly short order.

Deli lunch with fresh vegetables and fruit were just what hit the spot, followed by some more snorkeling, and then my daughter fishing with some of the left-over bread (and learning her new favorite "fisherman's handshake").

Our half day excursion came to an end too quickly - we could have spent the day out there we loved it so much. I have nothing but good things to say about the way Capt. Kelly treated us like old friends going for a cruise. Truly a class act, and a true showing of the "aloha" spirit.

2  Thank rccall
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My children & I was treated like family! Captain Kelly experience a moment w/my youngest w/a catch of Amaya's first ever fish w/bread! My oldest was treated to the open waters w/the assistance of a wonderful life guard/crew hand w/all the snorkeling she could handle! We loved the laid back day of true enjoyment! From wonderful music you never tire from to yummy fresh fruit, veggies, & cream cheese pineapple turkey sandwiches to swimming w/green sea turtles to the amazing wind&waves during our FABULOUS sail & to top it off w/an ending view of a mama whale w/her calf, tale & all!!! We had the most amazing visit w/Captain Kelly & can't wait to visit him again in another visit hopefully sooner than later! Sailing w/Captain Kelly is truly the only way to go!!! I promise you won't be disappointed!!! Thank u again Captain Kelly we will never forget our 8 hrs shared w/you&Miss Lauren!!!

2  Thank Mommy0f2sweetAngels
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I went out on the Royal Hawaiian Catamaran with some friends and was so happy to not have a stand-offish staff who just throws out the same questions and seems disinterested and unhappy. I have gone on a lot of the sailing catamarans in Hawaii but Royal Hawaiian has a unique appeal. First off, Captain Kelly is Classic and so is his boat. He will tell you stories all day if you like and make you laugh while you're at it. I don't think I've seen wood on any other sailing cats on the island and its so nice to have spend time on a boat that feels like its got a story and some personality! Secondly, nothing is rushed or set in stone. Kelly is super flexible. We had some guests arrive late and he still extended our sail. He let us steer, swim, and fed us great food whenever we wanted. His boat is also BYOB so you save on having to purchase overpriced alcohol. The crew also helps serve the drinks making for an overall wonderful experience!!! I loved it and will definitely go back.

2  Thank jessro808

Been to Royal Hawaiian Catamaran, Inc.? Share your experiences!