“They didn't show up”
Review of Dive Oahu

Dive Oahu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive Oahu, Inc., offers PADI scuba diving training from the Discover Scuba Diving experience to Master Scuba Diver, and it offers PADI professional-level training at its Five Star Instructor Development Center (IDC). PADI Professional candidates train and earn certifications from Divemaster to Master Instructor at the IDC led by our Course Directors and assisted by senior PADI instructors.
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“They didn't show up”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I booked a dive and stood at the hotel lobby for 1 hour waiting for the pick up van, as previously arranged with them. My wife called them meanwhile I was waiting and all she got was "I,ll see what's going on". We are still waiting and because of this I lost the chance to dive in Oahu due to the 48 hours flight interval. So I wouldn't trust them too much.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Andres_br_12

West Hollywood, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“How wonderful it is to be treated like and educated Adult!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This very professional and friendly staff walk you thru every step to get you ready to actually dive that day! The courtesy pickup at our hotel was on time and that is always a good sign! The initial school is not long but precise! Get ready to get on the boat and get in the water! I was amazed that the services were 100% delivered as advertised! I did 2 dives that very day! Had so much fun and we could not have had a better experience! A definite repeat when in Hawaii again!

Visited November 2012
Honolulu
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Full gear options”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

While, I have not gone on a dive trip with Dive Oahu, I have rented all of my equipment needs from them. They are a fully stocked company (well-serviced BCs & regs, DAN O2 kits, weights, etc.). The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

On the negative - they keep gear at two locations (Mostly BCs and regs at Kewalo and tanks at Discovery Bay). This can be a bit challenging when trying to arrange gear needs. The shop in the Discovery Bay Center is VERY inconvenient... no parking!! When renting gear - try to arrange to meet their boat at Kewalo Basin and hopefully arrange with the friendly staff to have tanks dropped off at that location.

Overall, they are a fully-equipped operation. All gear was good quality and in good shape. I will rent from them again, but will be sure to arrange the gear pick-up in a convenient way.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not for Beginners”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my first dive ever and the education was minimal. As in 10min introduction to safety and then off on the boat we went. Learned all the skills out by the boat in 40ft water. Most terrifying experience in my life!!! Felt rushed the whole time and if it weren't for my pride I would had backed out. Would not recommend for beginners. Staff was friendly and the other more experienced divers seemed to have fun. I would recommend a place that does a pool introductory class prior to the dive.

4 Thank Hephzibah333
Jax
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Sleepy Captain!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We dove with this shop in May 2012 and what a joke! First off, we only went out of the harbor about 1/4 mile to a shallow reef that had very little life on it. When we returned to the boat, the captain (cannot remember her name) was too occupied texting on her phone to even help the divers with their fins. There were only 3 of us so it should not have been that much to ask. The captain would not move the boat to a different location for our second dive.

When we returned to the boat after this dive, she was ASLEEP!! I am not kidding. The only good thing about the trip was our divemaster John. He tried to make our trip enjoyable and we appreciated the effort. We gave him a tip and asked him not to split with the captain.

I definitely would NOT recommend this shop to anyone.

Visited May 2012