“So good!”

Honolulu, Hawaii
“So good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Best HOT POT ever!!

Like ever ever and eternity ever. Unless of course, they open a new place in mainland right next to my house. Then I'll have to make that my fav spot since I can have it anytime I want. Hopefully with less lines.

Food~ Hot Pot!!! All the broth you can choose. I always go for house special! Always! You can choose your meat, your broth and then go raid the fridge. Plates are colored and priced varied on them colors. I normally end up doing a ton of $4.99 plates since they are the good ones with lots of seafood.

Wait time- holy wait time! I would like to stop time one just so I can walk RIGHT IN without that massive, insane, crazy, hot mess wait. But good things require patience. Definitely when it comes to good food.

And the best part?? Free dessert of giant shave ice bowl! SO YUmmmy. It has tapioca, gelatins and even mochiiii. Yummm. I also love their special hot sauces that you can make your own. Oh and you get free rice! Food coma to the max!

• Visited January 2014

Honolulu
“Great, if you don't mind the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

First time to visit, after always walking past and seeing a line. Thought might not be a line at 3:30 p.m. on a Sunday, but wrong assumption. Had the char sui pork shoyu ramen and it was pretty good. Pork reminded me and seemed comparable with one restaurant I previously reviewed in Las Vegas on Spring Mountain Road. Table guests had the traditional and popular tan tan spicy. I tried it but had a bit of a bite to me but not to my guests. I thought the shoyu base was fine enough. Line is also due to limited seating, only 4 tables and counter seating. They turn the tables pretty fast though.

• Visited February 2014
Westchester, NY
“Stupendous! Do not miss.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Char Sui pork tan tan broth raimen was my best meal in Hawaii. Da best comfort food. Terrific broth with excellent taste. Char Sui pork belly melts in your mouth. Great Goya.

Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Try the Seafood Tan tan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

When I'm in Honolulu, this is one of my favorites spots. Food comes quick and they 're always pleasant. After several visits, they know what I like: Seafood Tan Tan extra extra spicy. What a treat. The broth is delicious, good sized portions and priced right. When it comes to eating out, the food and service must go hand in hand. If the food is good but service is bad, won't spend $$$ there. Likewise, if service is great but food is not, won't be back. Goma Tei Ramen doesn't disappoint and the service keeps us coming back again and again.

This place is at the Ward Center with ample free parking. It's clean and servers are attentive. They seem to hire the right people. Great place to stop by before or after the movies, shopping or when you crave superb ramen.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank ExecDude500
Lund, Sweden
“Happy surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Returned to Honolulu after many years to discover new styles of restaurants. 10 years ago one went to a Chinese restaurant for noodles. Saimin stands offered small bowls of plain soup noodles topped with a little green onion and maybe a slice or two of dry, red char siu. The char siu at Goma Tei is made of thin flank, rolled and roasted until the fat and connective tissue melt to butter. The char siu ramen is covered with three generous slices. The tan tan stock is rich and spicy, It was a full meal and completely different from anything else I've had in Honolulu. We went at 3 pm to avoid the crowds and got a table immediately. Will definitely go pack to try some of the other options

• Visited December 2013