“AMAZING BREAKFAST; GREAT MUSIC; PRETTY GOOD DINNER!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropics Bar & Grill

Tropics Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropics Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Potomac, Maryland
“AMAZING BREAKFAST; GREAT MUSIC; PRETTY GOOD DINNER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I thought the breakfast here was much better than the rainbow lanai across the pool from here. They had an elegant french toast with banana and cream cheese in between the slices of toast. I think others will enjoy but I was not really a fan of the cream cheese. The chocolate pancakes are not really worth getting unless you like regular pancakes that taste like it was made using Aunt Jemima pancake mix with a bunch of chocolate chips on top of the pancakes instead of inside of them. But the best breakfast here was the Belgian Waffle. It had multiple different fruits served with it and some whipped cream. The waffle was so crisp and crunchy; I knew they used a lot of oil, but damn did it taste great. There are a lot of birds flying around, and they get pretty close to people; but just a wave of the hand and they fly away. For dinner, this place has a band every night; and they're usually pretty good. The service was fine; not too slow or too fast. The steak was pretty good, but nothing special; especially when it costs $30. The coconut cake was also good except for the fact that it was 90% cream and just 10% cake. But in the end, this place is a good place to check out if you are staying at the Hilton. I would go there again for breakfast next time I'm back in Hawaii; probably in 15 years.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
“You pay for what you don't get!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We only dined here as we had a $50 credit with our hotel to use. I would have rather spent it hiring a waterbee!! The service was bad. He got our drinks all mixed up. Then he ordered me a shrimp salad when I asked for tuna. He was trying to persuade me that there was tuna in my salad then he realised what I wanted. Needless to say there was a definite language barrier..... The roof was dripping from the air conditioning vent above me. I was hoping the food would make up for it all but to my dismay that wasn't the case. Everything deep fried was over cooked & dry or over crispy. Need I say more! It's a shame as this place could be run so much better as it has the perfect location. I hope someone from management reads these reviews.

1 Thank Ella1214
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Great Location-food not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Small drinks. BIRDS everywhere walking on tables and NOT sprayed and washed off between guests (wiped off w/ wet towel only) we didn't notice the bird thing until we ate breakfast grossed all of us out...even the kids. Impossible to get in wout significant wait except for breakfast.

Food selection limited and service average. The bands were great nightly (enjoy from the bar or pool vs. table)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Poor service and expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We waited an hour to get in here. The ambiance is amazing and the live bands are really good. Our server was horrible. It's expensive. They advertise $7.95 kids meals but don't mention that if your child wants a drink it will cost $5. I would not recommend this place.

Visited April 2013
washington state
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food is on the higher side but the stAff are very friendly and food is great. Music at night makes it a nice dinner spot. Plus you can see the sunset from outside tables

Visited July 2013