“Location is great, Food not so much”

Tropics Bar & Grill
Ranked #284 of 2,522 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had breakfast here twice while staying at the HHV and dinner here a couple of years ago on a previous visit. The dinner was good, when we had it but holy was it expensive. Breakfast... well wicked expensive for average food and subpar service . One time the service was better than the other. Really depended which server you had. I had coconut pancakes the first time, which were yum and the boys really liked their food too. However the next time I had the eggs benedict whch was basically yuck to me.. some kind of savory bread pudding instead of a english muffin which just didn't do it for me. Its too bad because the music at night is nice, the location is beautiful on the beach but they try to be so "gourmet" that they don't do just good food. I would recommend it for dinner, maybe once while you are a guest here but not a regular place to eat with your family.

1  Thank gnw69
Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Big, busy and fast with rather noisy yet enjoyable music. Most of the dishes are deep fried, though there were some healthy choices. Service was very caring! When the kitchen made a mistake our server was extremely apologetic and felt very bad, even though we were quite relaxed and forgiving.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Ended up meeting up with some friends for xmas eve dinner and music . The service was mediocre.
The food horrible. Ordered the Beer Battered furikake fish and chips. So bland and so boring for the price you pay.
The server kept missing our table when we wanted to order drinks. It wasn't that busy.
The entertainment was amazing local girl Starr Kalahiki was performing. The mood and ambience of the restaurant is nice as it is right by the beach. I would say skip the food and just have drinks you'll be good to go

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Again, it's on HHV property so it's was overpriced and I'm from Vegas( I know over priced!!). I had the coconut shrimp and a chicken Caesar salad, my bf had a burger. None of it was bad-but not worth 80+$.

We had a couple cocktails each and it was over 130$!! The only reason to recommend this is spot is if you grab a drink or two earlier and a meal and have a couple drinks and a bite and enjoy the music and the view of the beach.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had 2 dinner's at tropic's. The food is good, the atmosphere is great. The wait staff is not very happy.

1  Thank Sels70