“Great diving experience”

Ocean Legends Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's leading full service PADI dive center with the best rates and highest quality scuba diving certifications on island. Dive all four sides of the island with free pick-up and drop-off from Waikiki hotels. A 5 Star Technical Diving International (TDI) Instructor Training Center and International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) Platinum Training Facility, we are the only Rebreather training facility in the state. Explore Oahu's reefs, wrecks and caves with absolute safety and have the experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Denver, Colorado
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great diving experience”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We first found Ocean Legends in January, 2013 and had the pleasure of diving with Mary. She was top notch and handled my nervousness extremely well. We came back to Honolulu this month(December) and immediately looked up Ocean Legends again. Sadly, Mary was not available to dive with us again, but she set us up with Pat. Pat was on time (actually early and ready to go) when we showed up to the dive shop both days, was extremely friendly and enthusiastic about the dives and very understanding and patient with me about my eardrum concerns. On the boat and in the water Pat was very attentive to us, found great stuff, such as sharks, sea turtles, a ray and octopuses for us to watch and a great guide to dive with. We would highly recommend Pat, Mary and Ocean legends!

P.S. I dislocated my knee upon entry on my first dive, and Pat was right there to make sure I was OK, helped calm me down and assisted me with my gear for the rest of our 7 other dives over two days. Thanks Pat!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Become an Ocean Legend!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I recently had an incredible experience with my Scuba certification at Ocean Legends! It was an excellent price and is worth every penny! The staff at Ocean Legends made the experience extremely fun! Rich started the confined water dives and was very thorough and made sure that we understood and could perform each skill. I was nervous at first but I knew I was in good hands with Rich. Austin taught the first and second open water dives and made the experience a blast! He has a great personality and when we were diving he made sure to point everything out to us, and found Tako for us to "play" with- an unforgettable experience! He also brought his GoPro and documented the experience and sent us the pictures. It is so cool to be able to share the experience with my friends and family- It made some of my friends want to learn to scuba as well! The dive master that accompanied me on all four dives-Patrick was awesome! I felt so comfortable asking him questions and asking for help! He made diving a blast as well. He also brought his GoPro and sent me pictures of the experience which I cannot thank him enough for that! Mary did our last open water dives and took us out to Turtle Canyon where we saw over a dozen sea turtles and a shark! It literally was an unforgettable experience and one of my favorite days on this island! She was such a fun teacher to learn from, she was so positive and her love of diving is very apparent. This dive shop is absolutely the perfect place to Scuba Dive. The other people that accompanied us on our dives were very fun, Ocean Legends definitely has a great community of divers. Overall, the experience blew every expectation I had out of the water. I am a very happy and satisfied customer!

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding Experience”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently completed my PADI Open Water Certification with Ocean Legends. TJ handled my confined dives and his instruction and experience made it quite easy to be successful. Mary handled my 1st and 2nd open water dives and also quickly puts you as ease with her humor and tremendous diving experience. Rich and Pat were incredible for my 3rd and 4th open water dives as both go above and beyond to insure you have a great experience and learn to be a safe diver while having fun. With such a dedicated and passionate team of instructors, you could not ask for anything more. I will be returning to Ocean Legends to complete my Advanced Open Water Course after the 1st of the year. Carl

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing itinerary.”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ocean Legends was great. Kept communication open, Mary answered all my questions via email and kept me informed in Australia.
The itinerary was fantastic!!!
Austin was a awesome instructor, very calm and patient.

Visited November 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended! Great ppl, great dive!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a BLAST with Mary and Austin! You can easily judge the service and energy by talking to them via the phone. Mary was upbeat, positive and you can feel the energy through the phone. I had a great time with both of them. Austin showed up on time to pick us up and was very welcoming. We also didn't pack boots with our fins and they were very accommodating and lended us a pair. There is a big difference between ppl who work for passion or profit and these ppl work for passion for the experience. Mary had energy all day long and helped us capture moments with an octopus to sea turtles. During the dive they were great as well! From the drive to Westward and drive back, they shared stories to going over guidelines, etc! Overall an amazing time! We also got to see a monk seal over the water (but not underwater unfortunately).

Thanks Austin and Mary for a memorable experience! Highly recommended! They give discounts for locals and for those who bring their own equipment.

Finally, they post the pics on Facebook that they take with you and they make an effort to help you capture the moment! So you can get them there vs charging an arm and a leg for those moments. Once again, just awesome and of course I tipped them. Check out their Facebook page at Ocean Legends!

Jeff