“awesome instructor, reefs and turtles!”

Ocean Legends Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's leading full service PADI dive center with the best rates and highest quality scuba diving certifications on island. Dive all four sides of the island with free pick-up and drop-off from Waikiki hotels. A 5 Star Technical Diving International (TDI) Instructor Training Center and International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) Platinum Training Facility, we are the only Rebreather training facility in the state. Explore Oahu's reefs, wrecks and caves with absolute safety and have the experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome instructor, reefs and turtles!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I initially booked to do my open water dives with this company. I mixed my dates up and I missed the first day but ocean legends were really great about it and rearranged for me. Instructors Greg and Austin were both really knowlegable, experienced and a lot of fun. The company picked me up from my hostel which was included in the price and made everything that little bit easier. After popping into the shop and getting kit in the right sizes we went to the harbour to get on the boat. Captain crash and first mate glen were very welcoming and great characters. Over the two days we dived 3 different sites, turtle canyon nautilus reef and horseshoe reef. Amazing array of fishes and loads of turtles made these dives pretty awesome. Instructors pointed out interesting fish and points on the reef. At the end of the course I booked 2 dives with the company and dived with an instructor called Pat, who again was lots of fun and we had 2 great dives. I would highly recommend ocean legends and would like to thank Mary,Darren,Greg, Austin,Rich,Pat and the crew of the Kahlua kai for making my dives so easy, fun and memorable.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I highly recommend Ocean Legends for all your diving needs.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Dive Instructor TJ is super experienced, a great teacher, and a cool guy. I felt very comfortable in the water when diving with TJ. Best Dive Instructor ever!

1 Thank Kevin A
Riverside, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Professional dive operation”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Dived three operators on Oahu and these guys are the best. Well informed, safe and professional. I run a dive instruction business in California and I would welcome Rich if he ever wanted to work for us anytime.

Warner Robins, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Diving Experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We dove with Ocean Legends Dive Center while on vacation on Oahu. They were very friendly and helpful from the get-go. We were shuttled to the dive site in their van which was nice, or we would have gotten lost. The dive boat was easy to dive from and re-enter, and there was plenty of covered space for dry gear and sitting between dives. We had a guide with us both days which allows for stress-free diving. He pointed out sea creatures that we might have missed, even holding an octopus for us so we could get a closer look and photos. There were a variety of snacks on board to eat while on surface interval. They will change out your tanks for you if you like. My only regret is that we didn't do the Na Pali dive, because the shallower dives were a bit on the murky side due to lots of divers on the same site. My advice is to pay the extra charge and do the Na Pali dive with Ocean Legends.

Visited September 2013
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
“Fantastic diving”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked a dive fairly last-minute with this shop while visiting Oahu last week. When I arrived at the shop, they had equipment already laying out for me ready to be tried on. The staff at the shop was very friendly. Austin was my guide for the afternoon. After a short boat ride off the Waikiki beaches, we dove into water that had excellent visibility, though of course this is dependent on weather, current, etc. Saw over a dozen sea turtles on the first dive, a couple more on the second, and plenty of marine life at play in the beautiful coral reefs. I can't say enough how helpful and friendly Austin was. He was very welcoming and helpful, a true professional whose goal is to make you at home diving and get the most out of your experience. I look forward to contacting this shop next time I visit Oahu!