“We had an AMAZING time diving!”

Ocean Legends Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's leading full service PADI dive center with the best rates and highest quality scuba diving certifications on island. Dive all four sides of the island with free pick-up and drop-off from Waikiki hotels. A 5 Star Technical Diving International (TDI) Instructor Training Center and International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) Platinum Training Facility, we are the only Rebreather training facility in the state. Explore Oahu's reefs, wrecks and caves with absolute safety and have the experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Me and my husband had only went diving once before on our honeymoon 5 years ago but knew we loved it and wanted to get certified. It had been so long we didn't remember much. We worked with Austin the whole time, he was so helpful and knowledgable about anything we wanted to know. He was patient with us while we learned and gave us extra help when we needed it. Austin made us feel safe about our experience and was able to show us so much. We went on several dives to work towards our advanced certification. We dove a shipwreck and saw a whitetip fin shark, which was so amazing. My husband had really been wanting to see an octopus so of couse Austin suggested a night dive. Skeptical at first to do a night dive, this ended up being my favorite dive, and we found an octopus! We can not wait to get back in the water for more dives. I highly recommend using Ocean Legends Dive Center. Everyone was so helpful getting our gear prepared and making sure we got in all the dives we wanted to do. Make sure to ask for Austin, he will make sure you have an awesome time!

1  Thank DeeAnn S
in 21 reviews
in 30 reviews
in 71 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had the best experience diving in Hawaii with Ocean Legends thanks to Greg and Austin. They were both so professional and laid back; didn't have to lift a finger or put my gear together, total treat! And I didn't feel like a tourist, which is huge for me :)
I highly recommend this Dive shop, and hopefully get Austin and Greg as your dive buddies! I most definitely will return to dive here again!
Thanks again! -Megan

1  Thank Megan F
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff at the store were very friendly and pleasant. The two of us who went on the two dives that day were beginner divers, from Canada. Austin did a great job reminding us of safety items and made us both comfortable and confident on our dives. He kept a close eye on us and showed us interesting creatures during the dives. Austin helped us with our dive logs which is not that easy for beginners. These guys aim to please. Lots of parking in front. Highly recommended dive outfit.

1  Thank SamDJR
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I are PADI certified, but haven't scuba'd much since having kids 20 years ago and moved from Hawaii to Maine. We recently took our 18-year old daughter and her best friend to Hawaii and we all signed up for the "Discover Scuba Diving". After a brief class, we were taken to a dive boat for a two tank dive. The first dive was at Turtle Canyon where we saw dozens of turtles at a depth of 30 feet. We were then taken to a reef off of Kakaako where we saw dolphins and frogfish at a depth of 40 feet (since my wife and I were already certified, we were allowed to buddy together and swim at deeper depths away from the instructor and the girls). This is the only introductory class where we didn't have to start in a swimming pool. The dives will count toward PADI certification so my daughter will take the certification class when we return this summer.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I vacationed on Oahu last week and my 17 and 20 year old kids wanted to dive. My son found Ocean Legends online and called and booked the dive. We arrived early in the morning and were greeted by the very friendly and knowledgeable Austin. I was very comfortable entrusting my kids with him. I could tell he was capable and conscientious. He offered to drop them back at our beach villa to save us a trip back in to Honolulu. THANK YOU Austin! This freed up our day as well. The kids reported that Austin was just terrific and that the entire experience was one of their best ever (and they've been all over the globe). HIGHLY recommend.

1  Thank Jane S