“First rate service”

Ocean Legends Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Oahu's leading full service PADI dive center with the best rates and highest quality scuba diving certifications on island. Dive all four sides of the island with free pick-up and drop-off from Waikiki hotels. A 5 Star Technical Diving International (TDI) Instructor Training Center and International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers (IANTD) Platinum Training Facility, we are the only Rebreather training facility in the state. Explore Oahu's reefs, wrecks and caves with absolute safety and have the experience of a lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Coquitlam, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First rate service”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The staff at the store were very friendly and pleasant. The two of us who went on the two dives that day were beginner divers, from Canada. Austin did a great job reminding us of safety items and made us both comfortable and confident on our dives. He kept a close eye on us and showed us interesting creatures during the dives. Austin helped us with our dive logs which is not that easy for beginners. These guys aim to please. Lots of parking in front. Highly recommended dive outfit.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank SamDJR

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome adventure!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I are PADI certified, but haven't scuba'd much since having kids 20 years ago and moved from Hawaii to Maine. We recently took our 18-year old daughter and her best friend to Hawaii and we all signed up for the "Discover Scuba Diving". After a brief class, we were taken to a dive boat for a two tank dive. The first dive was at Turtle Canyon where we saw dozens of turtles at a depth of 30 feet. We were then taken to a reef off of Kakaako where we saw dolphins and frogfish at a depth of 40 feet (since my wife and I were already certified, we were allowed to buddy together and swim at deeper depths away from the instructor and the girls). This is the only introductory class where we didn't have to start in a swimming pool. The dives will count toward PADI certification so my daughter will take the certification class when we return this summer.

Visited June 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Center and Instructor”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I vacationed on Oahu last week and my 17 and 20 year old kids wanted to dive. My son found Ocean Legends online and called and booked the dive. We arrived early in the morning and were greeted by the very friendly and knowledgeable Austin. I was very comfortable entrusting my kids with him. I could tell he was capable and conscientious. He offered to drop them back at our beach villa to save us a trip back in to Honolulu. THANK YOU Austin! This freed up our day as well. The kids reported that Austin was just terrific and that the entire experience was one of their best ever (and they've been all over the globe). HIGHLY recommend.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jane S
Rockford, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent experience, great staff, thrilled to be certified!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

While on vacation in Hawaii, my husband and I completed the open water diving portion of our certification with Ocean Legends after doing the initial coursework and pool instruction in the Midwest. We couldn’t have had a better experience. Our instructor, Austin, was the epitome of a gracious host, patient instructor, and fun tour guide all rolled into one. He picked us up at our hotel (on time) both mornings, took us to excellent dive spots, made two neophytes feel at ease and somehow confident we could master the open water.

He made sure we passed our certification while showing us sea turtles, trumpet fish, coral, and other interesting aquatic life during our dives. (Austin also made sure we were aware of the many interesting Oahu sites we passed en route to the dive locations, and was persistently positive in every conversation.)

On board the boat, Captain Mike took us to an excellent location and ensured we were at ease on the boat, assisting us when needed, providing fresh pineapple and sandwiches between dives.

Everyone in the Ocean Legends shop made us feel welcome, the equipment we used worked well and was well suited to us, plus our PADI cards arrived within days of our return home.

We couldn’t have been happier with our Hawaii experience, and wouldn’t hesitate in sending friends and family to Ocean Legends when they’re diving in Hawaii.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank JNC1324
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Got certified... And more”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our instructor Austin was very patient and taught really well. We practiced all skills in pool and in ocean. Dives were great and out group got to see a sealion apart from plenty of corals and urchins. Loved the underwater... I got sea sick on the boat but after a long puke, enjoyed everything again. Better out than in. Equipment was perfect, you can ask a lot of questions and lot of fun... plus you get certified... Ocean legends overall is great. No one can be perfect, the only reason I rated four is they don't have a pool in the facility... But they make it up with great instructors and take u to pools nearby. I loved it and would definetly come back here for more dives.