“Marlin!”

Maggie Joe Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep sea fishing Oahu's fine Hawaiian waters for over 60 years. Maggie Joe Sport Fishing has the experienced crew you need to bring in the big ones. Whether you want to go deep sea fishing, shark fishing or just take a sunset cruise we can help you out. Both private and shared charters are available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Marlin!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a great time fishing with the Maggie Joe staff. We caught a huge marlin after fishing for 9 hours without a single bite. It was a great trip, although our captain was a bit rough around the edges and yelled a lot at us when we were trying to land the fish. It's understandable - it's a high energy situation, but I felt like it took a little away from the experience. Overall though, we had a pretty good time, and I would definitely recommend them to people who are hard core and want to catch big fish.

Visited July 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't count on them!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I am visiting Oahu for a week..i called Maggie Joes five days before my trip and reserved a time to go out on their shared charter all day trip.

They needed $100 and minimum of 48 hour cancellation for a refund, this was okay with me.

The evening before, less than 12 hours before our trip is set to depart they call and cancel because only a few people reserved the tour...

The maximum customers each boat can have is 6. Apparently if you don't have 5 people they will cancel with out warning or the 48 hour policy they demand.

Ruined my vacation.

Don't count on them.

4 Thank happy_tripps
drummersteph, Public Relations Manager at Maggie Joe Sport Fishing, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I'm sorry you were unable to get out on a fishing trip with us. Our policies are documented on our website. When you purchase a "shared" charter on one of our boats we can only go out of the boat has at least 4 customers aboard. In some cases, we try to accommodate customers and will go out with 3 if necessary. In purchasing a "shared" charter there is no guarantee that the charter for the day will fill. 99% of the time the charter will fill or if it doesn't we are able to set customers up another boat that is filled. In this instance, were unable to do either. We waited until 12 hours prior to the charter departure time to notify the customer because we were attempting to sell the remaining "shared" seats on the boat and / or locate another boat in the harbor that was able to accommodate the customer. When were unable to do so the night before the charter, we called at 6 pm to notify. In this instance, we offered the customer other "shared" seats on different days that were available but the customer was unable to do this. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. It is something we try to avoid if at all possible and it rarely happens, but when you purchase a "shared" seat on our boat or any other boat (as this is a standard of practice for Hawaii charter fishing companies) in Hawaii this can happen. Aloha.
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Shark Fishing: Excellent staff and awesome fun for the family!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were on Oahu for 2 weeks and ha done just about everything. Some things were great others didn't live up to my wife, 5 kids, and my expectations but the evening shark fishing with Maggie Joe was seriously off the chart FUN! I booked online which was easy and received a confirming phone call the next day. I explained that we wanted to have fun and would have kids with us ages 5-12. We went a couple miles off of Waikiki Beach and as the sun set started fishing for sharks. We caught 3 sharks and tons of snappers. The crew was really good with the kids and we caught and released 3 nice sharks. The best thing, it was one of the most affoardable things we did on the island. Compared to private charters in California it was a reasonable price and cheap compared to everything else in Hawaii. You want a great relaxing, oh yeah and super exciting when you catch a 6 ft reef shark? Then book now, you will make some of your best memories fom you trip.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank thesafeman
Westminster, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Capt. Mike & Shawn? Made for the Most Awesome Trip Ever... Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Captain Mike & Shawn... Hope thats how he spells it Were Beyond Awesome! HIGHLY Recomend this trip to all. 6-11-12 We were a group of 10 they found us fish made sure we caught fish and worked very hard to make things perfect as could be... Will do it again with the Maggie Joe on our next visit For Sure!

Visited June 2012
Malmo, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good fishing, but bad aftermath”
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I want on a shared charter may 8th. I had a good day fishing on the sea hawk. Our boat caught a bunch of mahi mahi, a couple of ohno and one 28 pound yellow fin tuna. The staff was good and fun to talk to.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience once we got back to the docks. I wanted a piece of the tune I caught, but the staff told me they were going to sell it. I asked a couple of times, since I thought it was a 50/50 share when catching a fish. But still no, they were going to sell it. So, I thought I had misunderstood the deal and dropped it.

When I got home I double checked and I was in fact entitled to half the tuna I caught. This upset me so I emailed Maggie Joe and I got a quick response back, that they where going to investigate it and get back to me. But after a week of no answer, I sent a new email asking for an update. I got a quick response again, that they were going to investigate it and get back to me within two days. After another three weeks I asked again for an update, but got no answer.

So the fishing was good, but the aftermath make me question their hounesty and professionalism. It's not a big deal really, but I wanted that tuna. I feel mis-treated.

I recommend any future customer to print out a copy of the 50/50 share statement and put that paper in their faces as soon as you catch the fish you want to bring home. Maybe then you can get your share.

11 Thank Fredrik1980