“Shark Fishing: Excellent staff and awesome fun for the family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maggie Joe Sport Fishing

Maggie Joe Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep sea fishing Oahu's fine Hawaiian waters for over 60 years. Maggie Joe Sport Fishing has the experienced crew you need to bring in the big ones. Whether you want to go deep sea fishing, shark fishing or just take a sunset cruise we can help you out. Both private and shared charters are available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Shark Fishing: Excellent staff and awesome fun for the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were on Oahu for 2 weeks and ha done just about everything. Some things were great others didn't live up to my wife, 5 kids, and my expectations but the evening shark fishing with Maggie Joe was seriously off the chart FUN! I booked online which was easy and received a confirming phone call the next day. I explained that we wanted to have fun and would have kids with us ages 5-12. We went a couple miles off of Waikiki Beach and as the sun set started fishing for sharks. We caught 3 sharks and tons of snappers. The crew was really good with the kids and we caught and released 3 nice sharks. The best thing, it was one of the most affoardable things we did on the island. Compared to private charters in California it was a reasonable price and cheap compared to everything else in Hawaii. You want a great relaxing, oh yeah and super exciting when you catch a 6 ft reef shark? Then book now, you will make some of your best memories fom you trip.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank thesafeman

Westminster, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Capt. Mike & Shawn? Made for the Most Awesome Trip Ever... Highly Recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Captain Mike & Shawn... Hope thats how he spells it Were Beyond Awesome! HIGHLY Recomend this trip to all. 6-11-12 We were a group of 10 they found us fish made sure we caught fish and worked very hard to make things perfect as could be... Will do it again with the Maggie Joe on our next visit For Sure!

Visited June 2012
Malmo, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Good fishing, but bad aftermath”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

I want on a shared charter may 8th. I had a good day fishing on the sea hawk. Our boat caught a bunch of mahi mahi, a couple of ohno and one 28 pound yellow fin tuna. The staff was good and fun to talk to.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience once we got back to the docks. I wanted a piece of the tune I caught, but the staff told me they were going to sell it. I asked a couple of times, since I thought it was a 50/50 share when catching a fish. But still no, they were going to sell it. So, I thought I had misunderstood the deal and dropped it.

When I got home I double checked and I was in fact entitled to half the tuna I caught. This upset me so I emailed Maggie Joe and I got a quick response back, that they where going to investigate it and get back to me. But after a week of no answer, I sent a new email asking for an update. I got a quick response again, that they were going to investigate it and get back to me within two days. After another three weeks I asked again for an update, but got no answer.

So the fishing was good, but the aftermath make me question their hounesty and professionalism. It's not a big deal really, but I wanted that tuna. I feel mis-treated.

I recommend any future customer to print out a copy of the 50/50 share statement and put that paper in their faces as soon as you catch the fish you want to bring home. Maybe then you can get your share.

11 Thank Fredrik1980
Worth, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fisherman's Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

On 5/22/2012 our family went on a half day fishing trip. The crew, Randall and Mike immediately made us feel comfortable and were vry personable. We had two children with us and they enjoyed the crews openess to them. While this was only a half day trip we managed to catch 4 Mahi-mahi and a 42 lb Ono. This was our second year of doing a half day trip and the one in 2011 didn't compare to the recent trip. Awesome crew, very nice boat, and an overall outstanding time. We will be returning next year to repeat this experience. Do I recommend the Maggie Joe, most definetley. Thank you Maggie Joe crew for a memorable time and the friendship and professionalism shown. See you next may!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Curt M
Charleston, West Virginia
“The BEST Way To Spend Your Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

One word: AWESOME! I was in Hawaii recently and wanted to go deep sea fishing. After searching through all of the available charters, I decided on Maggie Joe Sport Fishing, and boy am I glad I did. The Captain and crew were very knowledgeable and constantly on the look out for our next catch. They made sure everyone on board was having an excellent time from start to finish. We brought in several nice size Mahi's, as well as a 125 lb Yellowfin Tuna. I had such an excellent time I actually went twice over the course of my 7 days on Oahu. Definitely a memorable experience, and a special thanks to Captain Randell, and deck mates Mikey and Chris for making it an experience I will never forget, and can't wait to repeat.

Visited May 2012