“Great experience from first mail to drop off at the hotel!”
Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was in Oahu for business and had a single morning I could allocate to diving. So there was no place for mistakes.

Observation #1-
Out of three dive operators I checked, Kaimana Divers were the only ones to offer a cheaper price for divers who bring their own gear. I take it as an advantage for two reasons, 1st - I have my own gear, 2nd - divers who have their own gear tend to be more experienced, and experienced divers are safer and more fun to dive with.

Observation #2-
They don't take more than six divers each trip, and this is a promise for a great experience and attention from the crew.

Communications experience -
Gabe and team were very responsive, be it 7 am or 9 pm, I always got a quick reply for my mails with an answer for any question I had. There is no 8:00-5:00 culture here and I really liked the prompt and efficient communication.

Dive experience -
Started with a courtesy pick up from the hotel, followed by a boat packed with gear, snacks, soft drinks, sunscreen(very important) and a very professional team(most important)!
We dove with Kevin, who was very knowledgeable and experienced both above and below the water.
We had two great dive, started with a deep dive to the YO-257 followed by a longer shallower one at the Rojo Reef.
Diving highlights included a bunch of sea turtles, out of one was huge and friendly (No touching or intimidating of course!!!) and few morenas.

Overall experience 11/10, highly recommended!

2  Thank Royyo

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had great experiences with Kaimana Divers throughout my 10 week stay in Hawaii.
Gabe, the owner, impressed me right at the get go, for hooking me up with my Open Water Cert classes within 2 days of calling.
I had a deadline, and was super happy that I didn't have to wait for a class to fill up. There was just 2 of us in my group, which allowed a personalized learning experience.
This turned out to be a really great thing for me, because I thought I would be a natural... but within 2 minutes in the pool, I realized I was wrong.

Kevin was my instructor, and he was so so patient with me, and I appreciated his calm manner under water. He never gave up on me, and in the end, I left confident that I could handle most any issue I might find under water. (Admittedly at the time, I rolled my eyes at him for picking on my biggest fear and making me fill my mask up with water more than what was required - BUT shortly after, during a dive in Kona, my mask slipped off my face, and instead of panicking, I just put that baby back on, cleared it, and smiled while I thought of Kevin!)

So in short, you should dive with Kaimana, because they offer great customer service (especially Gabe who was quick to respond, is ultra friendly and gave tons of wonderful advice even when he didn't stand to gain directly from it), they are safety-conscious, show great respect for the ocean, and know how to have fun. Kaimana Divers changed my life - I am hooked on diving!

1  Thank Lesley W
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I completed our PADI Advance Dive Certification during our vacation in Hawaii. Outstanding classroom and dive instruction. Amazing staff with world class technical knowledge and safety. Mahalo to Gabe, Kevin, Lindsey, Will and Jarrod. I highly recommend this dive team. Spectacular from start to finish!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Gabe took a group of us out on a diving trip during our visit to Honolulu and boy did we have a blast! It was my first time going out and although I was nervous at first, my nerves were calmed as soon as we got on the boat. Both Gabe and Denise did a great job of explaining the safety instructions and made sure we all understood what to do while underwater. Once we got in the ocean, the experience was surreal. Gabe was constantly checking on everyone to make sure they were ok and that we were all equalizing properly. I got all the way to the bottom and the sight was absolutely beautiful! So many colorful fish to see. I definitely recommend going on a dive with Kaimana Divers- it was the best experience and makes me want to go diving again!

1  Thank Nicolett S
Reviewed June 23, 2014

First of all let me preface my scuba experience (without going into great detail). I was previously working toward my PADI certification but ended up dropping out over a year ago because I was uncomfortable with the instructor and my initial diving experience.

Fast forward to today: I just finished my final open water dive and I am PADI certified!!! I had an awesome time doing it! My thorough research of diving companies in Honolulu indicated Kaimana Divers had the best reviews. It is no wonder, after corresponding with Gabe I could tell that his passion isn't just diving but sharing his love of diving with others. My schedule was horrendous this month and yet Gabe managed to work around my schedule and never once was upset with my numerous rescheduling requests (I mean there were a lot, it would have been justified). He responds immediately, professionally, and addresses any questions and concerns.

Denise is the best. I couldn't have asked for anything more in an instructor. She is patient, kind, chill, and knowledgeable. I had an experience on the first open water dive with Denise where I felt a little rattled but her calm presence alone was enough to reassure me that I was safe during the skills testing. I think back to my previous attempt of certification and I feel so very grateful and happy that I listened to my intuition.

The price of the certification is quite honestly the best rate I found which honestly played little part in my choice for this company. I picked Kaimana Divers because it was clear that they are the safest and most knowledgeable option.

Also thanks to Drew the boat captain, Jarrett for assisting on the south shore boat dive, and Dave for assisting with the confined water dive. Also there was a bearded fellow (sorry I forgot your name, Kevin maybe?) that offered to help me with my knowledge reviews. Honestly every single staff member was excellent. Choose Kaimana, you won't be disappointed.