“Kaimana Divers offers top notch experiences.”
Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Felton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kaimana Divers offers top notch experiences.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I had great experiences with Kaimana Divers throughout my 10 week stay in Hawaii.
Gabe, the owner, impressed me right at the get go, for hooking me up with my Open Water Cert classes within 2 days of calling.
I had a deadline, and was super happy that I didn't have to wait for a class to fill up. There was just 2 of us in my group, which allowed a personalized learning experience.
This turned out to be a really great thing for me, because I thought I would be a natural... but within 2 minutes in the pool, I realized I was wrong.

Kevin was my instructor, and he was so so patient with me, and I appreciated his calm manner under water. He never gave up on me, and in the end, I left confident that I could handle most any issue I might find under water. (Admittedly at the time, I rolled my eyes at him for picking on my biggest fear and making me fill my mask up with water more than what was required - BUT shortly after, during a dive in Kona, my mask slipped off my face, and instead of panicking, I just put that baby back on, cleared it, and smiled while I thought of Kevin!)

So in short, you should dive with Kaimana, because they offer great customer service (especially Gabe who was quick to respond, is ultra friendly and gave tons of wonderful advice even when he didn't stand to gain directly from it), they are safety-conscious, show great respect for the ocean, and know how to have fun. Kaimana Divers changed my life - I am hooked on diving!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lesley W

Coronado, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I completed our PADI Advance Dive Certification during our vacation in Hawaii. Outstanding classroom and dive instruction. Amazing staff with world class technical knowledge and safety. Mahalo to Gabe, Kevin, Lindsey, Will and Jarrod. I highly recommend this dive team. Spectacular from start to finish!

Visited July 2014
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kaimana got me hooked on diving!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Gabe took a group of us out on a diving trip during our visit to Honolulu and boy did we have a blast! It was my first time going out and although I was nervous at first, my nerves were calmed as soon as we got on the boat. Both Gabe and Denise did a great job of explaining the safety instructions and made sure we all understood what to do while underwater. Once we got in the ocean, the experience was surreal. Gabe was constantly checking on everyone to make sure they were ok and that we were all equalizing properly. I got all the way to the bottom and the sight was absolutely beautiful! So many colorful fish to see. I definitely recommend going on a dive with Kaimana Divers- it was the best experience and makes me want to go diving again!

1 Thank Nicolett S
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Deserving Five Star Experience for my First Trip Advisor Review”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

First of all let me preface my scuba experience (without going into great detail). I was previously working toward my PADI certification but ended up dropping out over a year ago because I was uncomfortable with the instructor and my initial diving experience.

Fast forward to today: I just finished my final open water dive and I am PADI certified!!! I had an awesome time doing it! My thorough research of diving companies in Honolulu indicated Kaimana Divers had the best reviews. It is no wonder, after corresponding with Gabe I could tell that his passion isn't just diving but sharing his love of diving with others. My schedule was horrendous this month and yet Gabe managed to work around my schedule and never once was upset with my numerous rescheduling requests (I mean there were a lot, it would have been justified). He responds immediately, professionally, and addresses any questions and concerns.

Denise is the best. I couldn't have asked for anything more in an instructor. She is patient, kind, chill, and knowledgeable. I had an experience on the first open water dive with Denise where I felt a little rattled but her calm presence alone was enough to reassure me that I was safe during the skills testing. I think back to my previous attempt of certification and I feel so very grateful and happy that I listened to my intuition.

The price of the certification is quite honestly the best rate I found which honestly played little part in my choice for this company. I picked Kaimana Divers because it was clear that they are the safest and most knowledgeable option.

Also thanks to Drew the boat captain, Jarrett for assisting on the south shore boat dive, and Dave for assisting with the confined water dive. Also there was a bearded fellow (sorry I forgot your name, Kevin maybe?) that offered to help me with my knowledge reviews. Honestly every single staff member was excellent. Choose Kaimana, you won't be disappointed.

3 attraction reviews
“Awesome first timer experience!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and my 16 year old son went out with Kaimana this week for our first dive experience. We chose Kaimana based on the reviews on tripadvisor - we were not disappointed! The entire staff was super friendly and helpful. Gabe got back to us right away so that we could get it all scheduled and gave us all of the information that we needed to know. We scheduled an Intro Dive, but we had taken a SCUBA course back home in Ohio, just never had a chance to complete the diving outside of the pool due to water temperature. Denise gave us a really good overview of what to expect and made sure that we had the information we needed to be safe. Lindsey, our instructor, took our previous training into account and, after making sure that both us and her were comfortable with our skills, gave us an amazing first time experience. We saw some amazing coral, fish, eels, a whole bunch of turtles and even a shark! Ohio diving will never be able to compare to what we saw! Thanks again to the Kaimana team!