“Great dive experience, but get picked up if possible”
Review of Kaimana Divers

Kaimana Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unlock the power of the Ocean with a dive excursion with Kaimana Divers. Our daily dives get you out to the best reefs and wrecks Oahu has to offer. We dive ALL sides of Oahu and can organize to get even the most inexperienced divers ready to make incredible memories in only a few short hours. Dive Oahu with our passionate PADI instructors. We have the patience, professionalism and experience to make your day of diving the highlight of your vacation. Call today and see the amazing underwater world tomorrow!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Cedar City, Utah
3 attraction reviews
“Great dive experience, but get picked up if possible”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

There are a lot of reasons to go with Kaimana. The big three are an excellent staff, good equipment, and a small dive group. In a scuba setting, those three factors are the factors that you should most heavily consider. Group sizes with Kaimana are about 3 students per instructor and total number of people on the boat is generally under 10. Smaller numbers will lead to a better dive experience and increases the likelihood that all will be successful. The equipment was in very good condition, and we had no issues with that. The teamwork of the staff was amazing, and worthy of six stars. So why a four star review? I was staying with a friend further inland than Waikiki, and the directions to get there were terrible. I was told that it was "out the back door of Nordstrom Rack"; apparently the Rack moved several months before I was given these instructions, and I talked to three strangers and circled the block a couple of times before realizing I was looking on the wrong block. I did eventually find it, but it was harder than it needed to be because of bad and inaccurate directions. I had considered buying some weights if they had some I liked, but the the "shop" is more of a hole in the wall operation in a warehouse. The "shop" was fine, but more like a cheap 1 or 2 star hotel than a five star experience for me. I suspect that most people that go with Kaimana get picked up and dropped off at the hotel, and if you did it that way it would be a five star experience. If not getting picked up, make sure you have Gabe's number and double and triple check the directions.

Scottitheduck, Owner at Kaimana Divers, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Aloha!

Thanks so much for the great write up. Just to clarify, the location to our shop has been updated...... I wrongly assumed that you had a smart phone and would use the link to locate us.

You are correct however as Nordstrom Rack has moved. Our shop is also expanding so we can't wait to show it off on your next time out. For others, here is the updated link on how to find us in the Ward Area:

Finally, we have chosen to put the focus on quality dive experiences for you our valued customers. Our courses and groups are small as (as you mentioned) to maximize the experience for everyone. We do carry a variety of retail equipment including technical diving backplates and wings, wetsuits, dive shorts, all PADI materials and other dive extras. We have always referred our customers to several local shops for purchasing items that we do not carry.

Mahalo again for your review and congratulations on finishing up your PADI Open Water Course........ we hope to see you next time for some fun diving or another PADI scuba diving course!

Gabe @ Kaimana Divers

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Full Service”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a group of 5 and chartered the boat twice. 4 of us, including my 2 sons were just certified and we dove with my brother who has been diving for 20 years. The experience was great for all of us, and the veteran in our group really praised the quality of the care the crew takes with everything. Easy pick up in Waikiki. We did 4 dives. Everyone ranks Turtle Canyon #1, but all 4 were great. Looking forward to 2015!

2 Thank John V
Featherston, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“SIMPLY THE BEST!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I got my husband a 2 tank dive for his birthday which he was able to use during our recent trip to Hawaii. I choose Kaimana Divers due to fantastic feedback from trip advisor......and I am so glad I used them. My initial contact was with the owner himself with prompt replies to all contact. On the day the entire team were fantastic! Easy to arrange, flexible and they picked up my husband from our hotel. These guys have a professionally run organisation with safety always being first and foremost. Second was to ensure each and every person had a good time. Highly recommended to all, was able to see lots of fish, moray eels etc. and a massive turtle! Money well spent & definitely worth every last cent. Thank you, this activity was defiantly a highlight of our trip with lots of great memories. My husband took his own regulator but all equipment is provided & this is not necessary.
Mahlo to all the team at Kaimana Divers

“Amazing experience”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

This was definitely a highlight of my whole trip. Although we only saw fish and nothing more (of course I understand the sea animals don't stick to a schedule :-p ) it was such an amazing first time experience. My friend and I went with a couple so it was easy to get help when needed. All staff were amazing and helpful. Would recommend this to absolutely everyone! Loved it!

Visited April 2014
Ghent, Belgium
“Perfect experience ! Would go back tomorrow if it was closer to Europe!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

First of all, I dived with Kaimana Divers around Christmas, but didn't have the time yet to write a review as I've been traveling the last couple of months.

I only had a couple of days on Oahu but I definitely wanted to go out for some diving. Gabe was very helpful on planning my dives and communication via email was very good. He gave me some days to choose from within my tight schedule and the morning boat was perfect. Great atmosphere, nice people and I was given a buddy of approximately the same level of experience as I was on my own. We visited two wrecks and there was so much to see! ( I even made a little movie which is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukEAFGGiGi4) . I really liked the pick-up and drop-off service and I didn't have to worry about equipment at all. I felt really safe as they securely monitored bottom times and surface intervals. Would immediately go back if it wasn't that far from Europe!

Visited December 2013