Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
AWESOME DAY !

I had an absolutely incredible experience with Gabe! Starting with VIP service getting picked up... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Happiness47559011024
via mobile
Great Dive Experience!

I am a PADI-certified diver, so I wanted to get some diving in during my trip to Honolulu. Gabe was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
juliebee42
via mobile

All reviews dive master dive shop dive sites these guys sea tiger dive club octopus dive experience great dive experienced divers love diving open water dives spotted eagle rays advanced certification a white tip reef shark surface interval certified diver
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Gabe, Jared, and the whole crew were amazing! I was on a family vacation and had only a very short window of opportunity to dive and Kaimana made it happen for me. I only wish I could have gone on a second dive. Gabe was nice enough to pick me up at my hotel, thats right, the owner of the company picked me up in his own car so I could diving! That fact alone blew me away, this is what customer service is all about. Jared was my divemaster, he was very friendly and knowledgable, he made me feel right at home. He also circled back to the turtles at Turtle Canyon because I forgot to start my GoPro! I wish I had more time with these guys. If you want to have an awesome time diving on Oahu then visit the Kaimana Crew. Thanks guys, you are awesome!

2  Thank KitchB
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great dive shop!! I emailed Gabe to set up a trip for my wife and me and had no problem reserving a spot on their charter for us. We simply met everyone at the harbor the morning of the dive and took off. Everyone was extremely nice on the boat, there wasn't that "know it all diver" that most of our trips have had that makes you feel uncomfortable for not diving 365 days a year. Easily in the top two dive shops we've been to and we'd happily dive with them again.

1  Thank Frank502
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I dove with Kaimana for 10 days during our last trip to Oahu this past April-May. I took the NITROX and Wreck certification with Drew while my wife began her dive experience as an open water diver with Denise. I have dove with numerous other professionals in Okinawa, Philippines, etc, but this crew was hands down the best I've ever been around. Drew could write a book about diving, equipment repair, specialty certifications...he knows the whole profession. Penetrating wrecks can be a scary thing, but I felt completely comfortable and safe every dive with Drew. We always "planned our dives and dove our plans," just as preached. He taught me more about diving in 10 days than I previously learned in 3 years. Denise made sure my wife came back "alive and breathing" as I jokingly requested every time, lol. She was patient with converting my wife, an avid swimmer, to breathing through her mouth and not flailing around underwater as most first-time divers have difficulties with such tasks. What can I even begin to say about Gabe??? Not only is he a cool guy to have beers with after a few morning dives, but he puts his whole heart and effort into ensuring all his customers are completely satisfied, happy, and truly enjoy their experience with Kaimana. The whole crew, regular instructors and dive guides, are absolutely amazing at what they do. They are extensively knowledgeable about Oahu, the underwater sea life, and dive principles.
However, make sure you back seat drive for Jarrod since he likes to try to take off van doors using palm trees! It's a crazy funny story and just goes to show how you quickly become part of the Kaimana family and continue to talk smack just as any sibling would, hehe. Don't even bother considering other dive shops...trust me! This crew will take you out, guide/instruct the most amazing dives, get you back on dry land, and make sure a cold beer is ready for the debriefing. The shop is easily accessible, but these guys pick you up from your hotel in Waikiki or nearby area and get you back after some great dives. They even rinse your gear for you!!! If you're just diving for fun with them, they will set everything up and tear it down as well. Hands down the best crew and dive shop in Oahu, if not the entire Pacific!

1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I emailed Gabe back in like jan or feb of this year in regards to setting up some diving since my bro and I were going to come out. Gabe was super prompt to reply and immediately started asking for our interests, level and comfort of diving as well as anything in particular we wanted to see. We wanted to go deep, see wrecks and phenomenal sea life out here. Gabe spent no time in setting up a quick overview on what we'd do and as the time kept getting closer the more stoked I'd get.

Fast forward to a week before our scheduled trip, we had to somewhat change our dive itinerary and gabe was flexible on accommodating us but warned us of a possible duplicate dive. The morning of the first dive came and gabe himself picked us up in the rape van and we were off to some diving. First day we did the YO-257 San Pedro and Seatiger wrecks. Second day back to the sea tiger for some penetration of the cargo hold and wheel house then a reef dive where Drew found us a couple of white tips!!! Third day the we did the Mahi and a reef with volcanic caverns on the west side with Gabe himself. If time permitted we would've done more but gabe went above and beyond our expectations to fulfill our diving wants and needs. Definitely will dive with KD again hopefully in a few months and as long as I visit Oahu and KD is open and available, they will be the only shop I use out here. Thanks Gabe for an unforgettable diving experience even after that small hiccup just before our last day diving

Mahalo

Chris Menjivar

1  Thank Scubachrism
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my third trip to Oahu where I would be scuba diving. The first two times, I dove with another company but they were not doing advance dives, so I decided to look around for another company to go with.

I e-mailed Kaimana Divers and another. Gabe immediately responded to my e-mail and was very helpful. I decided to give Kaimana a try, and I'm glad I did.

I did a total of 6 dives over 3 days (2 dives a day). The first day, we had to dive Sea Tiger twice because of conditions. There were pretty bad swells and the visibility was poor all over, so they made the decision to stick to this wreck for the second dive. Not ideal for me, but not Kaimana's fault...can't blame poor weather on them.

The next day, we were on a different boat and the captain wanted to go to Sea Tiger. I told my DM (different than day 1) that I had dove Sea Tiger twice the day before, and he made sure we went to a different wreck. That was great as I wanted to experience something different.

On the last day, we went to the West side which was wonderful. Visibility was much better and we came across about 24 spotted eagle rays which was amazing! I've never seen them before.

Next time I'm in Oahu, I will be sure to dive with Kaimana again. They were very professional the whole time. I highly recommend them

1  Thank arfchin