Mandara Spa at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 113 Spas & Wellness in Honolulu
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Unlike other spas, you can extend your enjoyment and hang out by the pool before and after.  A real treat!

There are newer reviews for Mandara Spa at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I didn't have time to do my mani and pedi at home before leaving for vacation and so figured I would give Mandara a try since I was at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.

What a horrible experience!
The nail technicians have no idea what they are doing. It took 3 of them to figure out that I have a gel coating on my nails. I was originally told that I would be charged an additional $20 for "soaking and removal" of the gel. AFTER it was done - and horribly I might add - I was charged an additional $50 for the removal of the gel.

The pedicure was also terrible! And I almost died when she asked me if I wanted the hot towel for an additional $15 dollars! For a hot towel... are you kidding me! I get unbelievable service at my local nail place for $25 and it INCLUDES the hot towel and a wonderful massage on both my feet and legs!

I walked over to the local store and purchased nail polish remover, file, nail clipper and new polish right after I walked out of this "salon".

My husband convinced me to email the manager and complain about the service. Her reply was that she had reviewed my account and realized that they had actually already charged me the $50 so that second $50 that I paid was refunded. THAT WAS THIER GREAT CUSTOMER SERVCE. In all fairness, she did ask me if I would like to go back and have them re-done... to which I politely declined.
Once home, I still couldn't get this off my mind... i emailed her and asked for a detailed copy of my bill. She sent it to me with an explanation that after further review, they had overcharged me another $20 dollars!

I think this is a very poorly run salon with terrible customer service and dishonest business practices... a shame!
I will definitely NEVER return for a mani and pedi there! Look around and go to the mall for one... it will probably be a heck of a better experience!

2  Thank HawaiiGirl08
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I had a certificate for this place I bought online for a massage, body scrub, and scalp massage. I've been to several nice spas and being at the Hilton, was expecting something quite impressive. It was ok, but....it seemed that most of the seating was in the waiting areas, not in the actual SPA. There were only 4 seats to relax in near where the saunas and hot tub were. The mirror area for cleaning up was space for 2 only. Everything seemed very small, maybe they don't expect to have more than 4 people there at any time? The people were nice, massage was ok(not great, but even a mediocre massage is better than NO massage in my book), and since we had gotten a deal, I didn't feel ripped off. However, this was not a place I'd want to drop the kind of money they were asking for services. All in all, an pleasant experience, but nothing to make me want to visit them next time. Glad we had gotten a discount. :-)

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Booked this thru a special and only paid 139 for a massage, body scrub and facial(this even was an extravangous for me). The staff were very attentive. Even though I was only there due to the discount I received. I had just had a very stressful 2 weeks, topped off with an early am departure from Seattle. The service was very welcomed and appreciated.

Reviewed March 19, 2011

I have visited many spas over the years. I had high hopes for Mandara and was surprised to have only an average experience there. I will admit, the more I pay for a massage, the more I expect of the experience. So in my mind, the cost and the experience didn't exactly equate.

The pro's: beautiful treatment rooms, quiet, and the therapists were excellent. (my husband and I had a side by side) Products for sale are very nice and not outrageously priced. Spa consultants in the coed lounge area were attentive.

The cons: women's lounge area is outdoors, so when it rained there was no where to sit. When I asked where I could sit to relax, the girl at the desk sat me (IN MY ROBE) in a public lounge space where customers checked in, passed by to get to the pool, etc... Finally, a spa consultant Danielle came by and offered to take me down the elevator to a more private waiting area. Also, i was there for a side by side with my husband. They really should offer to sit you in the coed lounge together right from the start.

Also, I called ahead to ensure that I could use my Visa and Amex gift cards there. Then, upon payment, the consultant at the check in desk refused them. She said she couldn't get them to work, maybe I should use them at "a larger retailer like Target or something"
It came across as condescending and I had called ahead to confirm this, so I was a little annoyed.

Enough of the negative. Overall, the place is quite clean, pretty, very day spa norm, and the massage therapists were very good. I just expected a little more for the price. If you are staying in the Hilton and don't want to travel far for your massage, Mandara is nice. On my next stay, I would be interested to try other local spas and compare though.

1  Thank LMT5150

Travelers who viewed Mandara Spa at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort also viewed

Been to Mandara Spa at Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort? Share your experiences!