Tripadvisor

Review of Paia Fish Market

Paia Fish Market
Order Online
Ranked #2 of 209 Quick Bites in Honolulu
Description: New Location in Waikiki Oahu, The Paʻia Fish Market is an iconic Maui seafood restaurant located in the heart of historic Paʻia town. Its doors opened in 1989. The roots of this plantation-style community are deeply connected to the production and history of sugar cane. Paʻia served as a meeting place for the local factory workers and fishermen across the island.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I walked down a few blocks to have fresh fish for our last night in Hawaii. Our taxi driver recommended Paia Fish Market. My husband had the ono fish grilled. I had the opah sautéed in garlic, butter and white wine. our plates both included coleslaw and we had the home fries. My husband really enjoyed the ono, it had the smoky flavor and it was perfectly cooked. He really liked the coleslaw and the potatoes. My opah was tender and wonderfully flavored with the buttery garlic and wine. I loved the home fries also crisp and tender inside with the meltingly sweet onions. A fantastic meal definitely worth the $60.
My husband and I both put Paia Fish Market on our next Hawaiian visit.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (216)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got the fish tacos and fish sandwich. Both were great and decently priced. Not cheap, but nothing is in Waikiki. We definitely had a good experience here and would recommend it.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The fish tacos are the best I have eaten. Rita the hostess is very charming and we enjoyed talking to her about Brazil where she came from.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Delicious and wonderful seafood. The sauteed Mahi Mahi was amazing, the best seafood we had in Honolulu.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

Excellent food, amazing service. The mahi-mahi was top class. The place is busy and bustling. Very friendly staff