“Needs Food Quality Improvement”

Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The food was mediocre tasting. I ordered a chicken dish. My first bite was like biting into a piece of leather. The waiter asked if I'd like to have a new plate. I received another dish of the same order but it still tasted like it was heated up in a microwave too long. It was less tough, but not fresh off the grill taste. We did discuss this with the waiter and he agreed the first dish looked stringy and tough looking. He said he will talk to the chef. The restaurant wasn't busy and the hostess wanted to seat us at the very back in front of these large screens. We were well dressed and groomed so I wasn't too happy where she wanted to seat us when there are lovely table areas toward the front where there were more suitable tables which we asked for and she obliged. Atmosphere was nice, but please improve your kitchen and hostess training.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

M G - Thank you for coming in. While we are pleased you liked our atmosphere, we are very sorry our food and service fell short of your expectations. We appreciate all of your comments and we will address your concerns with the entire team.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to the restaurant/ bar for dinner once , the entrance is a little seedy you have to go up this old elevator and walk down a couple of hallways to get to the place. You are greeted in a cave like atmosphere , there was no problem being seated the place was over half empty. The food was average although the fish and chips were good but way too much food . The seating is around a dance floor and the place is dark it looks like a night club and not a good night club .

elsa g - We appreciate you taking the time to share your visit with us. While we are happy you enjoyed parts of your visit, like the fish and chips, we are sorry the entire experience didn't exceed your expectations. All of your very valuable comments will be taken seriously.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Not being from America we had never heard of Jimmy Buffet's before but I can definitely say that if we visit America again we'll find our nearest one. We really liked the décor of the place and all of the staff were super friendly. Really great fast service also. We ended up coming here again on the last night of our trip because it was the favourite restaurant we'd visited in Honolulu.
There was a good selection on the menu - I had a burger and I was very satisfied by it. I especially liked the cocktail choice also!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Going to Margaritaville is not fir a superb meal, its for the experience of great drinks and decent pub food. I was not disappointed nor excited about the menu or the food. It is a pub and you are there to have fun first, drinks second and food likely third If that is your approach you will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went on the middle of the afternoon looking for a good margarita and a quick bite to eat. It took forever for our drinks so my husband went to the bar to gt them, he came back with his and I had to wait for mine. This seems trivial as I write it , but when we were there it was really ridiculous as we were one of 4 tables in the entire restaurant and the bartender was doing nothing, the server was no here to be found and had already taken our drink order. i do have to say that they were very attentive when I asked about specific items on the menu- I have food allergies- the cook came out and asked me about specific items and he made a special plate for me, ha twas very nice, however the food was not all that great, the "fresh fish" was dry and I could not eat it all. I have eaten at other Margaritavilles and to be perfectly honest I am not all that impressed with the food so that was to be expected. Overall experience was simply a 'time wasted" when we could have been somewhere else with better atmosphere. You only have so much time on vacation- I would steer clear of this place it does not have the fun party atmosphere of other Margaritavilles I have been to, at least not during the day, and certainly don't go there for a good meal you won't get it.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Jimmy Buffett's at the Beachcomber, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

JoyceW50 - While we are pleased you were impressed with our chef attending to your allergies, we are very sorry this is the overall experience you had with us. Your time on vacation is precious and we sincerely apologize for failing to show you the time you deserve. Your comments will be taken very serious.