“Excellent learning and diving experiance”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I am 55 years old and have always wanted to get certified. My daughter knew Sean and recommended him to me. I was vacationing in Waikiki and took advantage of my time there to finally do this. Sean is an excellent instructor who realy cares about his students. He add's a lot of insight to a serious course in diving and you have fun doing it.

For the 4 open water dives I experianced, I would have paid much more for guided dives let alone coming out of this fully certified! I would highly recommned Sean to anyone not just for classes but for open water dives in the area. Saws tons of turtles and sea life.

1  Thank rleb22
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Aloha and thank you for reviewing your open water certification course experience with Reef Pirates.

We always put safety first, fun second. We hope you will come back and dive with us again next time you are on Oahu.

Mahalo - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"awesome dives"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 6, 2011

We chose Reef Pirates based on other reviews and were not disappointed. Sean picked us up at our hotel in Waikiki and proved to be a knowledgeable dive master and exceptional guide. Dives were full-service with equipment change, even taking off our fins before climbing up the ladder. Reef Pirates takes no more than 6 divers. We felt very safe and were happy with the personalized service. Sean went out of his way to make sure he was able to take us out for a 2nd day of diving. Would definitely recommend Reef Pirates to anyone diving in Oahu and will be sure to go out with Sean again on any future visits to Hawaii.

Aloha -

Thank you for reviewing your dive experience with Reef Pirates Hawaii.

We look forward to diving with you the next time you are in Honolulu.

Reviewed December 24, 2010

Sean is just simply brilliant! He always take small groups therefore you have lots of personal attention. He was looking for the Corsair wreck just to made my dreams come true, showed me all Hawaiian creatures and took great photos and videos. He's the best dive master I have ever dived. Saw a lot, learnt a lot and was safe all way long.

ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Aloha -

Thank you for your review of Reef Pirates Hawaii! We enjoyed diving with you and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Waikiki.

Mahalo!

Reviewed December 4, 2010

Sean is a great instructor, very knowledgeable and patient. I'd recommend him to anyone. The group was small. I got a lot of personal attention. And I was surprised at how prepared I was when it came time for the exam.

Aloha -

Thank you for your review of your Open Water Certification. We love teaching people how to dive and showing them the world beneath the waves.

We look forward to diving with you in the future!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Sean and team are the best there is to offer! Extremely friendly, knowledgeable, experienced and great to dive with! I travel to Oahu 4x per year for business and will make sure that I book my return dives with Sean each time. He only leads small group dives 4-6 people max so you get that extra special attention you want and deserve. Sean also takes amazing underwater photos that really capture those moments that are hard to describe to those who have never been diving before. I would 100% recommend Sean to anyone either experienced or first time divers looking to become certified. Reef Pirates are the best on Oahu! And well priced too!

Aloha and thank you for your review of Reef Pirates Hawaii!

We strive to give our customers great customer service without sacrificing safety. We enjoyed our dives with you and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Honolulu.

Mahalo nui loa!