“Such a blast!”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I chose to go through Reef Pirates for my diving in Oahu based on all of the reviews I read, and I'm so glad I did! Sean, Orvil and Dan were very laid back guys while at the same time being very safety conscious, and will only take up to six people out at a time. I went as a solo diver to do my specialties in Boat and Fish ID, and between the personal attention with the small group and how well the guys new the locations we dove I was very impressed. I was so happy to dive with these guys- I only wish I had time to do more! I will definitely dive with them the next time I'm in Oahu :)

ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Aloha,
Thank you for your review of Reef Pirates Hawaii. We are so glad you did your Specialty Certifications with us and look forward to your return to Honolulu to go diving with you again.

There are newer reviews for Reef Pirates Diving

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a great experience with Sean, Kathleen and Orville. Sean picked us up in waikiki right on time and drove to the shop and had a breakfast sandwich and coffee while the boat was loaded up. the corsair was excellent, lots of fish, 5 octopus! and even heard whales nearby (cool)
Sean and crew where a delight to be around and were very professional and operated at a comfortable pace for all divers. We have scuba dived BVI, Bonairre, Bahamas, Palau, Belize the last few trips and this outfit is great. We highly recommend Reef Pirates for an enjoyable, comfortable, relaxing scuba morning. give "em a call!

Aloha John,

We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us. We are very fortunate to have the Corsair just a few minutes away from our shop. And because we get there first, we get to see all the cool animals!
We hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are on Oahu.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have had the opportunity to use several different dive operators while in Hawaii. None were bad, but all pale in comparison to Reef Pirates Diving. They are a good combination of professionalism and fun. Small groups, getting to dive sites early and great leadership sure make a difference. My heartfelt thanks to Sean, Orvil, Will, Dan and Kathleen. You guys are an impressive team. You rock!

Aloha -
Our heartfelt appreciation for your review! We love when our divers have a great time and look forward to their return.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am quite happy I decided to dive with these guys. The captain and dive crew are very friendly and laid back, yet still very professional. In my experience, it's rare for a crew to seem just as excited as the customers, and they are all about being in the water! Unlike many guides, Sean and Orvil kept an eye on us without hovering over the shoulder. It's very irritating when a guide just follows you around until you're low on air, but instead these fine gentlemen keep an eye out for anything and everything that could possibly be cool and take you right to it. Small groups are what they advertise and that's what you get. No cattle boats here! Very reasonable rates and the gear is in good condition. I will be a return customer for sure.

Aloha Jeremy,
Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. Your review will help thousands of others to choose the right shop for them. If you like personalized service, small dive groups, SAFETY above all else, and great equipment, then Reef Pirates is the right dive shop for you.
Mahalo and we look forward to diving with you again the next time you are on Oahu - the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed February 3, 2014

WOW! Reef Pirates is an amazing dive op! I have dove with them a couple times now and and still have a bit more to go before I head back east. COMFORTABLE - From the size of the boat (6 divers max and plenty of space) to the feeling of safety you have with each and every dive. FRIENDLY - Every person I have encountered so far (Sean, Will, Orville/Clark, Dan, Kathleen) from Reef Pirates has been extremely friendly, easy to talk to to, and very genuine. You really feel at ease at all times on the boat and in the water! AWESOME SITES AND TIMES - They really hit up all the great sites. Each day we have been asked if we have been to a particular site and they try and get us to different sites if we choose. Since Reef Pirates boat leaves earlier than all the other dive charters, you are alone in the water with your small group for each dive. This sure beats diving with a cattle boat amongst other cattle boats all at the same site. I visit Hawaii frequently and will always book my future trips with Reef Pirates!!!

Aloha Mike,
Wow! We love reading your review! Thank you so much and we look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Waikiki.